Has ANYONE got a P4P Plus thats working 100%

I don't. I do have constant non-level horizon issues though.
Are you mostly flying in calm conditions? The two things I know I'll have to compromise with getting a P4P is the wind warning and the horizon issue. It is extremely rare to see a P4P video with level horizon. It is very discouraging considering it can be accomplished with previous P3 birds. Something went drastically wrong with this gimbal and I really hope software can fix it. I actually wanted to order my p4p two weeks ago from drone nerds but they were out of stock. They got them back in stock last week and I ordered. My reasoning for waiting for them to restock instead of getting virtually anywhere else, including best buy down the road, was because I'm hoping fresh stock might be an indication of new builds and possible hardware tweaks and improvements. I'll see about that shortly when it arrives.

I have had my Pro Plus now for about 3 months. The first week had a fly away do to Yaw error and DJI gave me 100% coupon for a brand new one which took some time to get overall about 26 days from start of the claim to the finish. They had a hardware error with tripod mode slipping into atty mode and getting locked up. Since the new drone I have taken it through the paces, the only problem I have left is that sometimes the recording will not stop until I land the drone other than that she has been exceptional running all the latest updates. I made a video on youtube if you need to check it out under coal akida . The Pro Plus controller has been really a good decision but not having the screen record is by far frustrating . The brightness is spot on and the setup time is the best and really the software has never crashed.

I Think there are a number of defaults that DJI is hoping you have turned off so they can deny the claim but I do discuss that in the video , crazy as it may be.

If you do need to file a claim with DJI you would be wise to check out my video on filing the claim boring as it may be , it will make the difference as every mistake you make will cost 5 days of wait time and that is just the beginning. I have yet to see 1 phantom pro plus user using glasses on the unit such as Fat Shark or others , anyone got answer on that for me.. appreciate it . Listed the link below .

Last edited:
Only one little problem, you have the wrong company. It's DJI, lol.

Reactions: NHABD
The only time I've had a problem with my P4P+ is when I didn't realize the Kp (geomagnetic storm) was at 5. Then I nearly lost it because of how crazy it started flying. Managed to land safely. Now I never fly if Kp is > 4. I've used a few of the flight settings such as POI and Tap and Fly. No issues.

Out of curiosity, what day was that? I had the same thing happen. Never happened with my P3pro in two years.

All good here. Just the slightly tilted horizon that is so quick and easy to fix, literally 5 seconds or was that degrees

I have a P4P+. Both drone and controller are at the current software/firmware release. I keep hoping that the glitch of not being able to get out of an intelligent flight mode will get fixed. I have given up. It flies wonderfully in manual mode or in any intelligent flight mode, but just don't expect to EXIT an intelligent flight mode. I also have a standard controller (to run software not supported by the P4P+). I much prefer using the P4P+ controller because of the simplicity of the start up (no cabling); because the controller has a long battery life, and mostly because I like the brighter display. BUT ... the software, and the support team, seem to be in BETA TEST mode. Too bad.

Mine works well, but does have an issue with the memory card... I have to reformat after each flight/video download or else it won't record properly. Other than that issue, works great so far!!

As you may have gathered I am sending my P4P Plus back due to numerous problems. I am very disappointed in its performance.

So before I buy another as a replacement I would simply like to know if there actually are good ones out there? Or has the P4P Plus been let down at the design and software stages?

Has anyone got a P4P Plus that works fine. Goes into and out of modes no problem? Does what its supposed to do whilst its in those modes. Tap Fly, Draw etc? Some one who has actually used these modes as advertised? I am curious.

I am particularly interested in P4P Plus owners.

Thanks!

Shame you experienced problems, anything is possible when dealing with this kind of electronic technology. The simple solution is to explain what exactly the problems your experiencing, send back have them repair and go from there. I am a proud owner of the p4p+ with options, also with the most updated firmware version DJI has released. Made sure all my blades were balanced and double checked the sensors to make sure they operated as required. I have tried all the different modes and many different features offered. Just to make sure of no defects. Took me some time with reading what each feature does and in no time my p4p+ performs perfectly. I have yet ran into any problems. Since I own the + version, which the controller has its own screen. Freeing up my phone. Allowing me to use my phone as a hot spot so I can stream live video from the p4p. Just my preference that I pick. I have way too many pre running apps on my smartphone that may or may not interfere with the DJI go app leading into problems. So I prefer to have the controller having its own screen dedicated for flight only... Again just my preference. Not to mention in case of an emergency I can still receive that incoming call.
My suggestion would be to either contact DJI explain your bad experience document your problems to help them figure out solutions and send your p4p and for repairs and go from there.
When dealing with this kind of state-of-the-art technology. Electronics are known to fail prematurely just the nature of the technology. My background has been many years of knowledge and schooling in the field of electronics and IT. But things can be fixed if you explain the problem in details.
Good luck hope things work out,

Mine works well, but does have an issue with the memory card... I have to reformat after each flight/video download or else it won't record properly. Other than that issue, works great so far!!

Sounds like either a defective sd card or the read/write port. Clean sd cards contacts good and see what happens.
You can try using the DJI assistance program and down grade your firmware and than re upgrade firmware to current. Maybe something in the firmware did not load properly. FYI need computer to use the DJI assistance software. Located on DJI site under downloads.

Good luck...

I have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus - the RTH function is bullet proof, it flies when I want it to, it lands when I want it to and it goes from A - B whenever I want it to. As a bonus, it has a few functions like active track, POI etc, some work some don't. I'm happy.

This is it exactly!! It is all how you look at it.

Shame you experienced problems, anything is possible when dealing with this kind of electronic technology. The simple solution is to explain what exactly the problems your experiencing, send back have them repair and go from there. I am a proud owner of the p4p+ with options, also with the most updated firmware version DJI has released. Made sure all my blades were balanced and double checked the sensors to make sure they operated as required. I have tried all the different modes and many different features offered. Just to make sure of no defects. Took me some time with reading what each feature does and in no time my p4p+ performs perfectly. I have yet ran into any problems. Since I own the + version, which the controller has its own screen. Freeing up my phone. Allowing me to use my phone as a hot spot so I can stream live video from the p4p. Just my preference that I pick. I have way too many pre running apps on my smartphone that may or may not interfere with the DJI go app leading into problems. So I prefer to have the controller having its own screen dedicated for flight only... Again just my preference. Not to mention in case of an emergency I can still receive that incoming call.
My suggestion would be to either contact DJI explain your bad experience document your problems to help them figure out solutions and send your p4p and for repairs and go from there.
When dealing with this kind of state-of-the-art technology. Electronics are known to fail prematurely just the nature of the technology. My background has been many years of knowledge and schooling in the field of electronics and IT. But things can be fixed if you explain the problem in details.
Good luck hope things work out,

Thanks for all the replies guys. Perhaps I am just unlucky in that I got a dud one.

I exchanged around 10 emails with the DJI techs. Long story short they said send it back. As I only had it 10 days and 7 of them I spent emailing DJI and trying out their suggestions, and suggestions from others. I was entitled to a full refund. Which normally I would accept but the it would cost me another £600 to buy the replacement. So I asked and they offered me a replacement instead, even before they have the old one back in stock. So the old one is winging its way back to Amazon and the new one should be with me tomorrow, hopefully.

As you may have gathered I am sending my P4P Plus back due to numerous problems. I am very disappointed in its performance.

So before I buy another as a replacement I would simply like to know if there actually are good ones out there? Or has the P4P Plus been let down at the design and software stages?

Has anyone got a P4P Plus that works fine. Goes into and out of modes no problem? Does what its supposed to do whilst its in those modes. Tap Fly, Draw etc? Some one who has actually used these modes as advertised? I am curious.

Thanks!
Mine seems to work fine except I cannot get any maps . I can download mainland china but nothing's shows up for the US.
Would love help with that issue.

Mine seems to work fine except I cannot get any maps . I can download mainland china but nothing's shows up for the US.
Would love help with that issue.

Not trying to insult your intelligence, honest. I open my DJI app at home and ensure my WIFI is connected and switched on. Ensure the drone is switched on. When the app gets the GPS signal and you get the message "........... please check your location on the map......" I then tap the bottom left corner. It will open up in some weird place. Mine was Belgium. It you look at the top right of the screen you will see some icons, I dont have a RC to check so I cannot tell you exactly. But one of those round? Icons will actually centre you on your current location. When you can see where you are on the map you then scroll the map to the area you intend to fly from. Expand & contract the map with your fingers a few times. You should then have the map automatically installed in the RC cache. So when you go flying it will be there for you. If you still cannot see it when your at your location then tap that icon again and it should centre on your location.

Hope this helps. :D

I have a P4P+. Both drone and controller are at the current software/firmware release. I keep hoping that the glitch of not being able to get out of an intelligent flight mode will get fixed. I have given up. It flies wonderfully in manual mode or in any intelligent flight mode, but just don't expect to EXIT an intelligent flight mode. I also have a standard controller (to run software not supported by the P4P+). I much prefer using the P4P+ controller because of the simplicity of the start up (no cabling); because the controller has a long battery life, and mostly because I like the brighter display. BUT ... the software, and the support team, seem to be in BETA TEST mode. Too bad.

I agree,...

Reactions: Frankc
I have found the only way to exit the mode is to go in to the Modes section by touching the current mode on the RC. Eventually it will go back into the Modes page. Then touch/tap the 'normal' mode. Do not expect instant results. I had to wait between 10-20 seconds for it to respond even then it did not work every time. But it worked for me 3 times out of every 5.

Reactions: Johnbryson

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT