Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

Were you able to fly higher than 400' if it's locked to CE mode?

Maximum height appeared to be 500 metres on the settings screen - I didn't attempt to go over my usual max of 350 feet

How much better :)

Well with the P2 and Lightbridge I struggle to get more than 19 mins of flight time. I haven't hovered the P3 from start to finish until it auto lands but it looks it will deliver a little bit over 20 mins. Battery life very much depends on how fast you rev up the motors etc so can vary from flight to flight. Waiting on the ground with the P3 switched on for satellite acquisition still eats battery life

Mohan, can you test the maximum hight for us.

OK I will have a go within reason - I am quite certain the Pilot app had max height at 500m - that is 1500 feet - at this stage I will take it upto 500-600 feet due to the strong gusts prevalent in the UK

Mohan,
Thanks for answering our FAQs...
Just wondering.... do you have a Samsung Note 4 to test it on? The current P3 pamphlet says Note 3, and I don't have any apple devices.

Mohan,
Thanks for answering our FAQs...
Just wondering.... do you have a Samsung Note 4 to test it on? The current P3 pamphlet says Note 3, and I don't have any apple devices.

I don't have a note 4 - sorry. My son has a note 3 but not installed Pilot app
My devices that I use with the copters are

1. Samsung Galaxy 4 tab with Pv2+ - works ok but not the best
2. Ipad mini 2 with Phantom 2 and LB - works well
3. Google Nexus 2013 with Phantom 2 and LB - works well although screen compact
4. Nvidia Shield with Phantom3 - works well. I think the Ipad mini 2 will work better in the glare.

Open it up! We want to look inside.

Open it up! We want to look inside.

hmm... somebody else pm'd me. Am I chicken? Let me think about slicing those nice shiny DJI Gold strips..

They can be peeled back without damage (at least the old ones could) ;)

OK couple of things I am going to do weather permitting

1. I have already flown this 8800 feet - I can see blade strike flew it nearly 3.5km - so I know I could push 10000 feet

2. Max height - will take it within reason

3. Once I have done that I will sit on the bench and take the hood off

mohan

This is going to make a lot happy, me included. Thanks again for your help on this forum with the P3. ;)

hmm... somebody else pm'd me. Am I chicken? Let me think about slicing those nice shiny DJI Gold strips..

Slice them along the join line with a sharp knife.
Its not noticeable when you fit the 2 halfs of shell back again.

Looking forward to seeing if it lets you go over 400' and if you can match the FCC model in distance. Hopefully the weather holds up for you.

Last edited:
Is there any reason to suspect it would it be restricted to 400 ft?
DJI haven't done that for any other multicopter.
I've not heard anyone suggesting it except in this thread.

Is there any reason to suspect it would it be restricted to 400 ft?
DJI haven't done that for any other multicopter.
I've not heard anyone suggesting it except in this thread.

It won't be restricted or limited too 400ft by dji thats just the figure we are suppose to abide by law, just the same as 70mph is the legal limit here in the uk, you don't find car manufactures limiting the speed of cars. I think dji have limited the height too 500 metres or 1600 Feet.

I can't see it, other wise it would have to have loads of different height restrictions for all over the world which seems to high tech. Some are still being told at this point by DJI they are not even set by GPS so its all a mystery at this point. I was upset enough see it had a 500 Mtr height restriction in the app, if it turned out to be only 120 Mtr I will be very upset. We find out later anyway cos there is a test being done for us by mohan.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik