Had my first crash :’( Help with next steps?

Reaction score
Had a crash, broke the tip off of one prop, ribbon cable broke. Don’t see any other external damage.
I wanted to power it up when I got home and cleaned it up to see if the motors still worked and to get my Hangar 360 pano (stored on AC).
I could connect to the RC but not AC. Says gimbal disconnected of course.
When I power down, the yellow lights on the drone flash and the red light on the battery flashes a few times.
I plan to order a new ribbon and watch a video to replace it, what else should I be checking?
Thanks for all your help people, this community has been very helpful to me.

You might be good with the new ribbon install!
( hint: start at camera, working ribbon twords mainboard, hitting the pitch and roll boards along the way ):)

Make sure recalibrate everything before first flight if all else looks good ( IMU MAINLY );)

Keep us updated!

J Dot
:cool:

Ordered 2 pairs of props and the black ribbon cable, both OEM parts, worth the extra 60% in cost I’m sure.
Anything else I can check about the connection, or is that dependent on the black ribbon cable?

I'd replace the ribbon, then go from there!
You might get lucky!

As long as there is no other physical damage, bent arm, etc! Once fixed turn her on ( props off ) do your calibrations ( IMU and compass ) see what happens, it will let you know if there is another issue, but usually the camera/gimbal is first to go in a crash, the birds are quite tough, and can take a beating! I repaired a P2v+ that fell 250' to the ground ( parking lot with blacktop coating )
Believe it or not, other than camera completely destroyed, I put some props on, and it flew! One motor got extremely hot, but she flew!
New shell, landing gear, motors and esc's, and a new camera ( old was beyond repair and missing parts ) she still flying today last I heard!:)

J Dot
:cool:

Ps: yes, GENUINE DJI is always the best route, if you can afford the price difference! Props especially!
Ribbon cables can go either way, I've used dji and aftermarket ones, both seem fine so far! Others have had problems with aftermarket ones, that aren't layered!

Reactions: SunnyD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20