H3-3D gimbal hitting locking pin

Reaction score
Hi there

I've recently purchased a phantom 2 with h3 - 3d gimbal using a hero3+ black I've noticed the gimbal once powered up with hit the rear plastic locking pin with panning motion - sometimes even jamming up against it, is there a safe/recommended fix or alternative to these pins?

cheers
John

John I noticed no one has replied.

With out a video or pictures this is all I can say for now.
Only two anti drop pins are recommended, I will assume you only have two and are using them in the recommended positions outlined by DJI. The base plate is properly orientated as it is A-symmetrical.
Calibration using the assistant is also a good place to start. I am not sure your trouble shooting process but those are good things to check off.
Good Luck.

If you don't want to use the drop pins, just use thin cable ties instead. The mount is actually held on by the rubber dampers. The pins are there as a backup should the dampers let go for some reason (to stop your camera falling and hitting someone/something or you losing your camera). As previously stated, you only need 2 pins and there are plenty of videos on how to fit them (research is your friend).

bmews

I had the same issue when I first mounted mine. I use only single front pin and a small cable tie on rear.

cheers guys appreciate the replies - the 2 pins and base plate are all installed as per dji instructions, I think leaving the front pin in place and removing the rear pin and replacing it with a thin cable tie sounds like the best fix

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94