H3-3D 30 pin connector upgrade part availability?

Reaction score
Im new to drones in general, and picked up a used P2 with this gimbal, and hero3+, etc..
The USB thingy sucks, and I see that at one point there was a 30 pin part available

(plus the firmwares stupid workaround to even get it to work via USB sucks anyways)

I can't find anywhere that this part is for sale anymore? Anyone have a source or have one to sell?

Does this in fact get rid of the requirement to power on/start recording/then plug USB in?

Thanks in advance.

Im new to drones in general, and picked up a used P2 with this gimbal, and hero3+, etc..
The USB thingy sucks, and I see that at one point there was a 30 pin part available

(plus the firmwares stupid workaround to even get it to work via USB sucks anyways)

I can't find anywhere that this part is for sale anymore? Anyone have a source or have one to sell?

Does this in fact get rid of the requirement to power on/start recording/then plug USB in?

Thanks in advance.

If your GP camera has firmware v3.0 then all you need to do is to install v2.0 from the following site.
Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

I have used the USB ribbon cable on my since 2014 and have never broken it.

Hello.

Even with firmware 2.0, my camera still does it, I even tried reflashing it, but no go.. I always have to unplug, to turn it on, hit record, then plug back in. Really annoying.

Hello.

Even with firmware 2.0, my camera still does it, I even tried reflashing it, but no go.. I always have to unplug, to turn it on, hit record, then plug back in. Really annoying.

First off you Just said you GP3+ but what you didn't if it was a white, silver or black. If you had v3.0 firmware on your camera the USB output port was blocked and you either had to rollback to v2.0 or use the workaround. When you first turn on the camera you'll see which version of firmware you have and you have to be quick as that info is there for only 2 seconds.

Did you download the correct firmware for your 3+ silver? You would be only one with a 3+ silver that has to use a workaround with the correct firmware. I own both the silver and black with v2.0 and have used them both on my P2 without the issues that you are complaining about.

Yes I did, the firmware during boot, its v2.00. I have to use the workaround with this firmware. I redownloaded it again, and flashed the camera, just to be sure.

Is the connector nowhere to be had? Its not the only reason I want to do away with the USB cable, its just easier and less chance of breaking during the removal of the SD card.

Yes I did, the firmware during boot, its v2.00. I have to use the workaround with this firmware. I redownloaded it again, and flashed the camera, just to be sure.

Is the connector nowhere to be had? Its not the only reason I want to do away with the USB cable, its just easier and less chance of breaking during the removal of the SD card.

Like many other things that 30 pin connector is no longer available since the P2 line of quads is no longer in production.

When GP introduced their latest firmware version for the GoPro 3+ line, which was v3.0, they switched video outputs from the USB port to the HDMI port which caused a problem for those using DJI Phantom 2 non-vision. In response to the problem, someone came up the workaround but all that was necessary was to rollback the firmware to version 2 for which ever GP 3+ they had which restored the USB video output port.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl