H3-2D 1.8

Reaction score
I recently received my Phantom 2 (non vision) with the Zenmuse Gimbal. I was told to check and make sure all the firmware is up to date. I flew it a couple of times and the gimbal and phantom worked great. Toady I decided to check the firmware. I installed all the firmware updates to the controller, Phantom, and the gimbal. Now the gimbal is not controlled by the controller, it is in a downward facing position. I did check in the Phantom 2 assistant and made sure the gimbal switch was on, I also tried it in the off position, and it still doesn't work.

Anyone hear anything about this?

Go into Assistant->Basic->recalibrate your tilt lever (X1) - try that

I just got an email from Red Rock USA, the company I bought it from, and they said the samething. I will give it a try and see. Thanks for the help!!

So I was walked through all the calibrations by the "tech" from the company I bought the Phantom from. The Zenmuse is now moving, but will only move to a "face out" position or a straight down position, there is no in between, and all this happens during the first 1/8 movement on controller.

DJI has the worst customer support for spending $869. Their web page only has email support and the "tech" gave me a phone number for DJI, but the mailbox is full and I can't even leave a message. Completely frustrating.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on with the Zenmuse? I tried all the calibrations from the advanced tab and basic tab. Thanks for any help!!

The problem appears to be fixed. I used my laptop and installed the assistant and ran all the updates again then calibrated it. I finally heard back from DJI and I believe it was that I was initially moving the X1 control to fast. I went VERY slow when calibrating it this time and it appeared to work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl