Guys, I need help!

Reaction score
I’m a total newbie here; bought a Phantom 4 for the sole purpose of searching for dogs that get lost or dumped in the harsh California Mojave desert.

Because it’s been crazy windy here for weeks, I’ve only been able to fly twice. According to the guy I bought it from, who flies for a living, I’m a “natural,” and have the gist for the most part.

Here’s my problem: I have a 2017 iPad Pro 10.5, and it’s worked flawlessly wih the controller. Problem is, I don’t want the iPad pro out in the elements, because I can afford to replace it should something happen to it, and I’m broke until my disability gets approved.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus, and for some reason I can’t get the DJI go software to connect with my phantom. I used to be able to troubleshoot, as I worked in a technical capacity in broadcast television my entire adult life. Three traumatic brain injuries have left me less able to troubleshoot.

Can anyone please tell me the best route to take to take to troubleshoot the connection issue with my phone? I have Verizon, and twice now I’ve been in locations that should’ve allowed a strong GPS signal, but the error message I received stated there’s not a strong enough gps signal to connect.

I’m supposed to drive an hour and a half specifically to use the drone to search for a lost puppy, and would like to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks guys!

There are many knowledgeable pilots in this forum who I expect can help you with your iOS related problem and I would expect them to respond shortly. All of my devices are Android based, so I'm not in a position to provide any useful suggestions. Thank you for your efforts to rescue animals and I wish you every possible success.

Are you saying that when you open the app and go into camera view you are not receiving enough satellites to fly, or you are not able to open the app at all? Your iPhone will have its own inbuilt GPS to indicate where you are once you open the app (radar display) and you don't need cell connection to fly.
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.

Are you saying that when you open the app and go into camera view you are not receiving enough satellites to fly, or you are not able to open the app at all? Your iPhone will have its own inbuilt GPS to indicate where you are once you open the app (radar display) and you don't need cell connection to fly.
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.

IMG_1522629914.799871.jpg

The app opens up just fine, and I’m able to play around with various settings. I’ve had this same message with my iPhone at a friend’s house, outside in the wide open air, with plenty of Verizon cell service on the phone, including a strong signal for the gps.

Right now I’m at my home, getting the same error message. I have at least 3 bars LTE, and I’ve previously flown successfully using my iPad Pro (from sitting on my back porch) for several hours.

View attachment 97079

The app opens up just fine, and I’m able to play around with various settings. I’ve had this same message with my iPhone at a friend’s house, outside in the wide open air, with plenty of Verizon cell service on the phone, including a strong signal for the gps.

Right now I’m at my home, getting the same error message. I have at least 3 bars LTE, and I’ve previously flown successfully using my iPad Pro (from sitting on my back porch) for several hours.
Haven't had that pop up before, short of deleting and reinstalling the app, do you have GPS turned on to provide your location? If you go into settings, click on Privacy and make sure Location services is enabled.
I fly 99% of the time without any cellular coverage and fly with both the Go app and Litchi with no problems with either maps loading.

Try loading the map area of where you will be flying before leaving the house. Load it while connected to your home WIFI. Pan around all the ground you'll be flying and zoom in to get a clear map picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak