Got rid of my phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
just sold my phantom 2 V+
It's all getting too hard, unreliable, dangerous and basically ..... A "too hard basket"
I've read so many forums on everyone's difficulties that I just gave up and got my money back.
To be honest, the software problems, hardware problems, correct flying weather, regulations, registrations, fees, restrictions etc etc.... It's a joke

Anything you do in life you will run into problems. Nobody that owns a car can say they have never had problems with their car, but they don't sell it and stop driving. This applies to anything. This is for people that have questions concerning their drones and looking for solutions. Far more people would be posting positive experiences than negative.
This is a fun hobby and I can say I've enjoyed every second of it, even when I run into issues (which is hardly ever).
If this hobby is too frustrating for you, then you should pick up another hobby.....but you are truly missing out.

Get rid of your drone.....are you nuts!? This is the most fun you can have and still be on the ground. I'm hooked!

Pick a topic. Any topic. Now go find a forum about it. 99% of the posts are people looking for help with their problem or issue. And just like here, 99% or more of the users never frequent a forum because they don't have any problems. To quit something like this, that for me, at least, is so ridiculously fun, based on what you read here, would be just plain stupid. If it was too much money for you, that's one thing. But hell, any good hobby is gonna cost ya eventually. Keep on flying (esp those of you that are maybe a little apprehensive after hanging out here). Read the manual about 6 times. Really read it, till you understand it. Then use the sim. And then take it slow, easy, use some common sense and find a wide open, no obstruction area to fly in the first dozen times (at least). Better yet, learn on a cheap hubsan or syma, practice a lot in ATTI mode after that, and before you know it you be halfway decent at flying. Have fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am 72 y/o and love flying my P2V. I have only had one issue ( after more than two years) where the camera didn't communicate properly and DJI fixed it promptly for no charge. Compared to my feeble attempts at flying RC Helis in the past, this technology is fantastic. I am trying to justify in my mind why I need to upgrade but you can be sure I will think of a reason.

I am 72 y/o and love flying my P2V. I have only had one issue ( after more than two years) where the camera didn't communicate properly and DJI fixed it promptly for no charge. Compared to my feeble attempts at flying RC Helis in the past, this technology is fantastic. I am trying to justify in my mind why I need to upgrade but you can be sure I will think of a reason.
Dude! 72 is reason enough! Go treat yourself tomorrow!! :cool:

Reactions: 750r and Carver
I'very only been flying my phantom since about July of 2015 and I've had some difficulties with it but I'm nowhere near giving up flying mine. I enjoy it too much & I'm willing to put up with the problems that come with it. It's just part of life!

Dude! 72 is reason enough! Go treat yourself tomorrow!! :cool:
Yup, you talked me into an upgrade. Will wait a couple of months, however, so I can have better flying conditions. This is Wisconsin snowy wintry season. Thanks for the nudge!

Reactions: mick74
Ok guys, just stumbled upon this thread and you guessed it, locked down.
Lets try to be nice to other members even if they want to sell their Phantom. ;)

HT3ZZpX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4