Got my Phantom 3 Standard.

Reaction score
I received my "new" Phantom 3 standard today from an Ebay seller whom sold it as NIB, this is my first good camera drone.

They did mention the box is factory sealed and never opened, but outer box is quite beaten from being in storage. They mentioned this after I had paid for it and complained as to when it would be shipped. He stated that it got lost in inventory and would ship out that day, plus he gave me 20 dollars off for the trouble. Almost a week later(it did not ship that day) I received it today.

While I was told the box had minor to moderate damage I was assured it was factory sealed, so I wasn't going to be surprised when I saw it. Well, moderate damage is an understatement, it looked as if it been dropped 10 times and left in cold storage in someones garage.It was taped up all around the box to hold it together. The factory tabs that tape the box shut seemed to be untouched so I was confident it was never opened.

The instructions were on top just like the videos and everything seemed to be there and I could see no visual damage to the craft itself...BTW those things are heavy!....I didn't expect it to be so heavy. However the camera guard that holds it in place from moving, was dislodged and camera was flopping around. The lens sticker was still on and the remote had the paper around it. The prop bag had the props half way out....

I guess I've concluded that it is indeed factory sealed and never flown, but evidence says it has taken some hard blows while being stored, due to the camera guard being dislodged and bag of blades half way out. I need to get this thing flying in the next couple of days and see if it all works....

I payed 430.00 for it not too bad, I know it has taken some blows in storage, but if the checkride works out It's ok.

Can't wait to test it out and train myself to be a good camera drone pilot.

Too be continued.....

Hope everything works! The gimbal guard being off is not good, but hopefully there is no damage. I would pay very close attention to the battery voltages in the Go app, I suspect a P3S battery has been sitting around for a while, Lipo batteries do not do well if they are stored for a long time out of the proper charge range.

The P3S is nice, solid bird.

Yepp I saw many YouTube videos where the gimbal lock is loose from new...so....Guess it's ok.

I have charged it up, the battery seems to be ok after sitting so long and I am updating firmware on it all. This thing is pretty cool so far.

For 90$ more you could’ve got mine like new P3std with all possible accessories 2 extra batteries and still 11 months left of DJI care.
With much less hustle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl