Got rid of my phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahaha!! Here in the states, Honda just recalled like 500,000 cars due to some mechanical issues....now those are a problem and a headache. ..I have had all types of phantoms starting with the p1, p2v2, p3 standard (now that one sucked for me because I could not go past 300ft.) But instead of bitchin, I got a p3 advanced, loved that one soooooo much I sold it and bought the p3 pro which is by far the finest piece of technology out there. Thinking about selling it and buying an inspire 1.. sometimes shot just doesn't work but you move on and if you like what you do, get a better one...

Not a cheap hobby, maybe it was a financial thing for you. Certainly more expensive than chocolate ; )

Reactions: Dounin Front
just sold my phantom 2 V+
It's all getting too hard, unreliable, dangerous and basically ..... A "too hard basket"
I've read so many forums on everyone's difficulties that I just gave up and got my money back.
To be honest, the software problems, hardware problems, correct flying weather, regulations, registrations, fees, restrictions etc etc.... It's a joke
So, is there a better quad/drone or company that you are moving on to, or have you just given up altogether?

@chocaholic65

It's a shame you fill like this & that you've sold your P2V+ :( I've only been flying just over a year now & love every minute of it, had no problems with firmware issues, etc. I can also vouch for a majority on the members here too.

I wish you all the best;)

I made up for him - I went the other way. In addition to a couple of small "toy" quads, I have an old Blade 350 QX3, a Chroma and my Phantom P3 Pro. Just not enough time to get everything in the air on a regular basis! Keeping everything either charged to fly or at storage levels is a pain as well - I own about 20 batteries of various types. Thank heavens I'm retired!

My wife thought I had truly lost all my marbles until she started watching some of my videos. She even commented one day that I must be getting braver - I made a gorgeous video of some islands/canals adjacent to a local park. She was surprised I had worked up the nerve to do that much flying over water!

No sympathy needed, I'm happy now. Less stressed and do t have to worry about all the above mentioned crap that has ruined the whole experience for most of us.
I don't belong in your "us" group.

I take time learning how to fly, do my own repairs and even build my own quads. It is a good hobby and keep my brain working. So where is my "ruined experience"

So .. you had a very old tech P2V+ and feel that qualifies you to comment on the current technology?
As for problems posted in forums ... that's like asking how many people are healthy in accident and emergency at the hospital.

"Please let me know if you don't receive this memo!" LOL
I agree - had two skirmishes with my P3Pro - both problems were like a car crash - the problem was the nut behind the wheel!
(AKA pilot error/stupidity)

I take time learning how to fly, do my own repairs and even build my own quads. It is a good hobby and keep my brain working. So where is my "ruined experience"

Many years ago, as PCs were starting to become fabulously popular, I worked for a guy who refused to buy one. He just felt that within a few months his would be obsolete. By contrast, I bought one in 1979 and about every two years or so would buy another one. I told him just look at how much fun I had in that 15-year period. (This was around 1994.)

I retired in 2001 and about a year ago my wife and I went on a very long (10,000 miles +) trip around the western U.S. We stopped to visit with my former boss (Kansas City area) and lo and behold - he bought a PC!!! I was astounded!

It's all getting too hard, unreliable, dangerous and basically ..... A "too hard basket"
I've read so many forums on everyone's difficulties that I just gave up and got my money back.
To be honest, the software problems, hardware problems, correct flying weather, regulations, registrations, fees, restrictions etc etc.... It's a joke

I am very sorry to say I have a wonderful P2V+, and just like the energizer bunny, it keeps on ticking. I am waiting to see if GoPro mounts a credible competitor to DJI before getting a second drone. It has the firmware updates up until DJI froze out the white house, so I can still go rogue, lol, and no altitude restrictions.

Hate to see some of the remarks made but Everyone has there own opinions. I really enjoy flying my pro and advanced. Been playing with drones since 2005. The technology is unbelievable and seems to double itself every year. Most of the problems I see people having are with the software and it's not really the software. It's the way they are downloading it. We must remember these are computer brains running our drones. Just like any computer sometimes the downloads do not download correctly and we have to deleat and start them over. If you do not have the patience to do that then maybe it's for your best interest to find another hobby. I myself am being Forced to get a Sports pilot license in order to continue what I'm doing. Have fun and fly safe.Charles

I am about ready to give up on my Phantom 3 standard..It is supposed to be ready for a repair job, but the support system for DJI is the worst I have ever encountered with any company...I have been trying to get it repaired for 3 weeks...The "chat" support is a joke..They reply to say they have received the message, but then it might be 3 days before they actually respond to the problem.. I think I will go to Best Buy and demand a refund...

Hopefully since this is a phantom forum and you no longer own/fly a phantom that this is your last goodbuy post ! I'm sure that any post you comment on from here on will only be negative. Farewell sir

I also am retired ,and disabled. I'm 63 years young ,and while in high school in the late 7 ' I won top honors in school due to the fact that I was in VoTech, and built a functional for radio station from scratch. I loved electronic's. But I soon gave up on my love of electronic equipment. But now that I'm retired and disabled I have rediscovered my love for the hobby. And just like others on here, it keeps my brain " doing pushups". It keeps one sharp after setting around watching old TV shows after the disability got me. So either you love it or hate it. No middle ground. Nuff said. Peace out.

If this is making you quit so easy you better grow op soon and stop being a mommy boy because it is a big world out there and you might not be able to handle it. I have a DJI Inspire ver 2 and I have a blast with it.

Okay, lets do the math.
About 100,000 UAS out there.
About 500 (guessing big) people have issues and come here for help.
That is HALF OF ONE PERCENT who have trouble,
The rest don't post because they are enjoying flying their UAS's.

I have had zero issues, but Wisconsin weather right now is not conducive for flying.
There was over 1,000,000 sold just Christmas!

I have had my P3A for 6 months, crashed it 3 times, the last one when my brain farted and I flew into the top of a tree. Replaced the props, blew the dirt out of the motors and despite some damage to one arm it still flies perfectly. A gimbal guard is a must and I am very happy with my Phantom. 60 flights so far. Yes it is a little stressful having $1300 up there but it has never malfunctioned.

Since I'm new to this, I really have no expectations-I go slow, do what I learn and hope that being attentive and careful will lead to what has, so far, been great fun. I received my Phantom 3 standard for Christmas from my adult daughter, and have 50 flights of various heights and distances, as high as 370 feet and as far as about a quarter mile, no problems so far but I do have the Hover app and i do not try to fly if the wind is over 10mph. I am careful about flying near people's property and around pedestrians, near roads and trees although my first few flights were in my backyard where I practiced small moves, at low heights near and under trees, etc. I did an firmware update for cold weather flying that was a little more difficult than I had hoped it would be (took two tries, a little nerve wracking), but I'm sure the more I do the less nervous I'll be. I

I'm a pro photographer with 30 years experience both stills and video and am blown away with the quality of images so far, especially how steady the video is, and am sure as the weather gets warmer I will fly a lot more because it is addictive. I recently bought a second battery and a nice hard case which makes life easier, extra props and prop guards for anything I consider 'close' work, and I read as much as I can along with crawling forums where I learn a great deal for vets and new comers alike. I guess if you've been doing this for a while you could have a problem with the FAA now placing restrictions on things you might have done in the past, but I want to do things the correct way and not be a 'cowboy' who annoys others while doing this, again it is because I have no expectations that I plan of staying with this and getting good at it.

Reactions: treerichard
giphy.gif

I enjoy flying piglet 1, piglet 2, both DJI's but everyone has their own opinions.
I still wish the op all the best but hope there's no bad mouthing of this great product. Wish I could fly more but good old "Mother Nature" keeps getting in my way:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik