Got my attention

Reaction score
Bit of a breeze but nothing crazy, out to try a different ND filter the other day. Recorded an 18 mph wind gust at the moment of the pucker factor but I’m not convinced that had anything to do with it. Landed uneventfully and hasn’t happened since. Enjoy my moment of OH **** !

WTF.mp4

Reactions: GolfPro8888
Wow, that's really weird, like your gimbal went wacky. I have heard of one other buy having similar problems, but after rebooting everything the problem never came back. A fluke I guess. Normally wind won't produce your symptom. Wind will make the P4P gimbal flip, but it doesn't flop around like yours did, it normally flips sideways for a second or two, and then returns to normal.

That mountain looks like Superstition Mountain near Apache Junction, but after a second look, I don't think that's the case. Where is this flight area?

Here's my Supersition Mtn climb, all the way to the top, 3000'.

Nice. Yes it’s the Sups. My backyard actually as I live just down the road. No way to make the top from the base now a days due to the 500 meter limit which is really bad living here. Lots of places where being over 3000 feet would be totally legal but I guess not allowed by DJI. Gimbal hasn’t acted up since thankfully. Thinking it was a gremlin thing.

John, where/how did you film that? Did you have range extenders or did you hike up?

AA, the 400' is agl which means you can fly the mountain as long as you stay close enough to it.

Hey nightwolf good day neighbor. Totally understand AGL as I’m a fixed wing pilot for 30 years and I was an accident prevention counselor for FSDO 15 Orlando for many years. It’s the new 500 meter hard code in the Phantom making it impossible to get that kind of altitude to do that flight anymore from the base. Unless you make some changes to internal code of the software. Can be done but not sure I want to mess with that. You’ll only get 500 meters of altitude from your takeoff point. The Phantom doesn’t understand it’s AGL altitude once it moves away from its home point. It always thinks it’s altitude is over the home point no matter where you fly too. If your ever flying out towards Gold Canyon give us a shout.

Yeah, I spend a bit of time out past Gold Canyon offroading. Tentative plan to take the Jeep and the drone out to box canyon next weekend. Welcome to tag along if you want.

Sounds like fun and something that can be arranged. Just remember the Renaissance festival started today for the next 8 weekends. Typically a traffic nightmare out this way. Two hours to move 3 miles is the norm every weekend for two months. Hate it ! Shout this way if you head out next weekend.

Sounds like fun and something that can be arranged. Just remember the Renaissance festival started today for the next 8 weekends. Typically a traffic nightmare out this way. Two hours to move 3 miles is the norm every weekend for two months. Hate it ! Shout this way if you head out next weekend.
Crud, already?

Yep, it’s on. Looks like they have improved the flow of traffic this year. Thank Goodness.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl