GoPro Hero 4 - New info

i was lucky. no jitters. I just used same softest balls and part attached to copter, replacing only bottom part of new gimbal. BUT, I had to file down the part of the zenmuse touching side button settings from hero4.It was pressing it n changing settings on its own. a a 7minutes 4K is really HUGE 3.2GB. Only useful if you use 4k equipment(TV, etc) to take full advantage of it. The 4k/30 video is also much lighter than the 1080/30, before you make your editing

The Hero 4 Black has wifi+bluetooth. Just a few questions...

1. Does Bluetooth work with android?
2. Can the Bluetooth (paired to a smart device) be used to control settings/taking photos etc?
3. Can you turn off wifi and use only Bluetooth to save power?

Thanks in advance...

Mako79 said:

2. Can the Bluetooth (paired to a smart device) be used to control settings/taking photos etc?

Thanks in advance...
1. Not yet or at least what I have read on other forums. For me I can pair it but cannot connect to it.
2. Bluetooth works on IOS, so yes if you have iPad, iPhone.
3. I have not found anything on GoPro that differentiates between bluetooth or WiFi, its just wireless and it on or off. If it could I am not sure there would be much difference in battery useing bluetooth.

When I tried to connect on bluetooth I turned my WiFi off on phone. When I started the GoPro app it turned my WiFi back on. Seems a bit buggy at the moment but hope they will fix it.

PhantomPhreak said:
Mako79 said:

Thanks in advance...
1. Not yet or at least what I have read on other forums. For me I can pair it but cannot connect to it.
3. I have not found anything on GoPro that differentiates between bluetooth or WiFi, its just wireless and it on or off. If it could I am not sure there would be much difference in battery useing bluetooth.

When I tried to connect on bluetooth I turned my WiFi off on phone. When I started the GoPro app it turned my WiFi back on. Seems a bit buggy at the moment but hope they will fix it.

Thanks for the quick response.

How safe do you think the 2.4Ghz wifi is on the gopro4? You reckon there is a high chance that it can block the signals from the transmitter whilst in flight? There has been known (but unproven) flyaways when the wifi on the gopro 3 was on.

Essentially, I just want to take stills and change video settings on the fly (within range) like the vision series using the Bluetooth on the phone. I've seen how annoying it is to land the phantom, and then change settings.

Having the GPH4 Black take 30 stills per sec would flood the device and annoying to flick through just to find a still.

Mako79 said:
PhantomPhreak said:
Mako79 said:

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the quick response.

How safe do you think the 2.4Ghz wifi is on the gopro4? You reckon there is a high chance that it can block the signals from the transmitter whilst in flight? There has been known (but unproven) flyaways when the wifi on the gopro 3 was on.

Essentially, I just want to take stills and change video settings on the fly (within range) like the vision series using the Bluetooth on the phone. I've seen how annoying it is to land the phantom, and then change settings.

Having the GPH4 Black take 30 stills per sec would flood the device and annoying to flick through just to find a still.

I have never tried on the 3+ due to the cautions here on the forum and I don't intend to try with the 4. I don't think it would be any different with the 4. I only shoot video and have FPV so not much need to change setting in flight. I am going to try some stills though but probably set it to timelapse 1 photo/2 or 5 seconds. I will use the FPV to frame. 30 stills/sec are you talking about frame grabs of the video? Or typo 3 stills per sec? I am use to sorting through several hundred photos after shoots with DSLR. 1 photo/5 secs would be 300 for a 15 min flight and you could quickly toss about 100 for warm up/takeoff/landing.

I have never tried on the 3+ due to the cautions here on the forum and I don't intend to try with the 4. I don't think it would be any different with the 4. I only shoot video and have FPV so not much need to change setting in flight. I am going to try some stills though but probably set it to timelapse 1 photo/2 or 5 seconds. I will use the FPV to frame. 30 stills/sec are you talking about frame grabs of the video? Or typo 3 stills per sec? I am use to sorting through several hundred photos after shoots with DSLR.

Burst rate stills @ 30 fps
scroll down..
http://www.gizmag.com/gopro-hero4-vs-go ... lus/34090/

I think this can only be triggered manually by long button press....

Burst is a mode, but you have to trigger it manually (or through the remote) everytime you want to use it. No need for a long press on the shutter button...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20