GoPro Batteries?

M

Melvoid

Does anyone have suggestions for aftermarket batteries for the Hero 3 series (not 3+)? I have a Hero 3 Black which works just fine and my son has a Hero 3 White; but GoPro no longer sells the batteries and they're getting hard to find. I found a Ray-O-Vac that fit and specifically said it was compatible, but it would not charge in the camera. I don't have an external charger, so I'm bringing it back to Batteries Plus, where I bought it.

I see several on Amazon, but wonder if they will work any better. Anyone with any suggestions? My original few batteries aren't lasting nearly as long as they used to.

I don't want to have to drip $400 on a new camera just so I can get batteries for it, when I'm perfectly happy with the one I have (not to mention the considerable extra $$ invested in all the accessories which won't transfer to a new camera, either).

Thanks.

Does anyone have suggestions for aftermarket batteries for the Hero 3 series (not 3+)? I have a Hero 3 Black which works just fine and my son has a Hero 3 White; but GoPro no longer sells the batteries and they're getting hard to find. I found a Ray-O-Vac that fit and specifically said it was compatible, but it would not charge in the camera. I don't have an external charger, so I'm bringing it back to Batteries Plus, where I bought it.

I see several on Amazon, but wonder if they will work any better. Anyone with any suggestions? My original few batteries aren't lasting nearly as long as they used to.

I don't want to have to drip $400 on a new camera just so I can get batteries for it, when I'm perfectly happy with the one I have (not to mention the considerable extra $$ invested in all the accessories which won't transfer to a new camera, either).

Thanks.

I have the hero 6 and got a good deal on amazon. 3 batteries and an external charger that charges all 3 at the same time. They've all worked just fine. Think I paid $50 for the package. I did need to use a seperate wall usb charger, but everything else I needed came in the package.

I would never put an aftermarket battery in my P4P due to how important that battery is, but in my go pro I'm just not too worried about it.

Thank you. Just ordered two!
No problem , actually ordered one myself ( already recieved it ) for backup at that price why not...

No problem , actually ordered one myself ( already recieved it ) for backup at that price why not...
Mine just arrived. Unfortunately, my gear is 100 miles away, so I'll have to wait until Monday to start messing with it. I'm going by memory now, but I believe it was from Duncan camera and they were GoPro brand batteries; $8.99 each... no shipping $$.

I purchase the Smatree batteries for my GoPro on Amazon and they work ok. They don't last as long as the factory GoPro batteries but work fine. They will completely charge in the camera ( I have a Hero 3 White) but the kit I bought came with 2 batteries and charger for $15.99 (USD).

I believe that Hero 3 and 3+ take the same battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1