Gopro Gimbal test at sailing event

Reaction score
Thought that you all may enjoy this...

I was up flying/filming at a sailing event in Nanjing, China. With a Cinestar 8 and new brushless gimbal for a 5d (awesome and stable footage), as well as flying an S800. Thought that it would be a good time to do some shots with the new Zenmuse go pro gimbal. This is not the production model, which should be with us very soon. Was hoping to get it in some stronger wind, to really put it through its paces, but alas the wind died just when we had some spare time to shoot. Hoping to get out in Hong Kong this week with it and will share some more later.

Here is the link :)

http://vimeo.com/67713844

Stu

Stuart17 said:
Thought that you all may enjoy this...

I was up flying/filming at a sailing event in Nanjing, China. With a Cinestar 8 and new brushless gimbal for a 5d (awesome and stable footage), as well as flying an S800. Thought that it would be a good time to do some shots with the new Zenmuse go pro gimbal. This is not the production model, which should be with us very soon. Was hoping to get it in some stronger wind, to really put it through its paces, but alas the wind died just when we had some spare time to shoot. Hoping to get out in Hong Kong this week with it and will share some more later.

Here is the link :)

http://vimeo.com/67713844

Stu

Great stuff Stuart, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the video, its looking like a great bit of kit and I find it hard to justify buying any other gimbal after seeing all the beta test footage.

Ps If anyone wants to test it in the wind they can send me a sample :lol: we are never short of wind where I live this time of year.

Its been a bit too windy here the last few days getting up over 60kmh but I have been practicing flying the phantom in winds up to 40kmh, still not too bad but video is pretty useless without a gimbal in such conditions. I wouldnt expect miracles but surely in our more regular 15 to 25kmh daily winds it should do fairly well. Practicing flying in the wind also makes flying in the calm so much easier I find and it has really improved my skill's controlling the phantom overall after battling the winds for a few days.

Stuart17 said:
Thought that it would be a good time to do some shots with the new Zenmuse go pro gimbal. This is not the production model, which should be with us very soon. Stu
He says the pre-production model of the DJI Zenmuse Gopro gimbal.

Great work Stuart. Do you have any other information for when the gimbal will be available?

Thanks

Hi guys sorry for not replying quicker.

Been quite busy Flying / filming this week and have quite a number of shoots planned over the coming days/week. I will get a phantom out and take some more shots over the next two days and get one of our editors to do something. In some respects I hope that it is windy to put it through its paces more.

Time line for the Gimbal will be by the end of the month... Our sister company in China is the largest distributor and I have been told that it could be as early as the 20th. In terms of price it will be around RMB4000 which equates to US$650ish. I don't think that the price is fully set as yet so could be more or less. Let me find out some more tomorrow as will be out flying with one of the guys.

If I get time will post some more tomorrow.

Stu

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl