Goodluckbuy 2-axis Gopro 3 brushless gimbal tutorial/review

Re: Goodluckbuy 2-axis Gopro 3 brushless gimbal tutorial/rev

I guess certain peoples have to have the IMU a certain direction, mine seems to work fine as is

windcharger said:
I can confirm that a 3S, 4S, or the 12v aux line will power this particular martinez board I have.

Hi,

I just got my martinez gimbal setup, and I can't get it to turn on, when I try using the 12v aux line. When I plug the usb in, my pc recognizes it and the blue light comes on (although the gimbal does not do anything - i can feel tiny vibrations happening). When I use the aux line, there is absolutely no reaction.

did you have any issues with the aux line at the beginning? I checked and rechecked all the connections, and they seem to be good.

Edit:

I installed the correct drivers to get the board to be read in Windows 7. In the Brushless-Gimbal-Tool, I was able to connect to the board via COM4, and it showed the following info:

connected
INFO: MPU6050 ok (LOW)
Motion detected during GYRO calibration, starting over!
PAR: reading values...
INFO: What? type in HE for Help...

I think that its unable to get the values because I don't have any power connected to the board, so the motors cannot be run...

I appreciate all the great information, Windcharger! I just placed an order for one directly from the Goodluckbuy site.
I'll let you know how it turns out for me, although I think I will use it on my DJI 450 instead of the Phantom.

Mahalo!

Sac D (AKA WindRAIDER) hehe

zma said:
windcharger said:
I can confirm that a 3S, 4S, or the 12v aux line will power this particular martinez board I have.

Hi,

I just got my martinez gimbal setup, and I can't get it to turn on, when I try using the 12v aux line. When I plug the usb in, my pc recognizes it and the blue light comes on (although the gimbal does not do anything - i can feel tiny vibrations happening). When I use the aux line, there is absolutely no reaction.

When I first got the gimbal, it exhibited similar issues. The gimbal needs the weight of the GoPro in order to calibrate itself when you power it on, not sure if you have that hooked up. Only until after I hooked up a 3S or 4S battery plus the USB on my computer did the gimbal respond. Once I got an external battery hooked up and the USB, I loaded the most recent firmware (0.48 at the time) and left the default settings just to see if I can get the gimbal to work off of my desk. After that, everything seemed to be all fine and dandy and I was able to mess around with the PID settings to correct for vibrations from the gimbal motors

Sac D said:
I appreciate all the great information, Windcharger! I just placed an order for one directly from the Goodluckbuy site.
I'll let you know how it turns out for me, although I think I will use it on my DJI 450 instead of the Phantom.

Mahalo!

Sac D (AKA WindRAIDER) hehe

I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time to fly my phantom around. :(
I did pick up a new gimbal http://www.ebay.com/itm/121135659524 and I'm very happy with it so far. It still utilizes the v3 Martinez board so that made it very easy to upload the newer firmware (0.49r69) and mess around with the settings.
It fits nicely under the Phantom without modifications and I dont have to remove it to make it fit inside my goprofessional case http://www.goprocases.com/xb-dji.aspx

heres a very quick video I took with the newer gimbal.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuMLD4lLyhk[/youtube]

Recorded late because I was waiting on my new batteries, Turnigy Nano-tech 3S 2250mah 65-130C, to charge up. This particular battery gave me a 9min flight time and it fits in the stock Phantom without modification.

thanks a lot for the response - - I'm now back to having some hope that the board isn't toast. When I get home tonight, I'll try powering up everything together again, along with the USB, (which I believe I already tried)... fingers crossed.

windcharger said:
I did pick up a new gimbal http://www.ebay.com/itm/121135659524 and I'm very happy with it so far.

Thats actually the exact gimbal I'm working with - the FG-PH3 that you referenced above. It really seems to be one of the best out there, in terms of minimal amount of fiberglass and solid structure that holds the gopro in securely with access to the buttons.

Did you have any issues with powering it or was it plug and play? When you uploaded the firmware, was that just your own choice to update, or was that essential to get it working? because as far as I know, it was sold as ARTF

thanks so much for the help, its great to know someone else who has the same gimbal working well

@zma

It was practically plug and play, first I hooked it up to my computer to verify the board had connectivity. Then I immediately uploaded the firmware to 0.49b. I did that by choice because I figure with the newer firmware, there should be less issues with the default PID settings. I only had to adjust my pitch Max-limits so that the gimbal would not freak out when I would pitch it beyond 45degrees. Im pretty sure I left the max roll limit somewhere around 35degrees (to match Naza-M v1 3.12 tilt limits).

With all the issues I had with the first gimbal, this 2nd gimbal was way easier to work on.

windcharger said:
@zma

It was practically plug and play, first I hooked it up to my computer to verify the board had connectivity. Then I immediately uploaded the firmware to 0.49b. I did that by choice because I figure with the newer firmware, there should be less issues with the default PID settings. I only had to adjust my pitch Max-limits so that the gimbal would not freak out when I would pitch it beyond 45degrees. Im pretty sure I left the max roll limit somewhere around 35degrees (to match Naza-M v1 3.12 tilt limits).

With all the issues I had with the first gimbal, this 2nd gimbal was way easier to work on.

****. Now I feel bad about buying the first one! And it hasn't even arrived here yet.

I ordered one last night, and it has shipped.

Am I really going to regret this?

Can someone tell me a good story, or are those of us who bought one just cooked.

I use the same ISO mount with my regular gimbal, and until I added some moon jel, I had vibration. Now, not so much. I was hoping this little gimbal would solve my final issues and let me make some money.

I plan to modify my landing gear with some pool noodles, which I expect will add enough height to use this gimbal.

Please, someone say something positive.

What is the official name for this gimbal so I can continue to research on other sites.

Darren

well, I did not get it to work. I tried different versions of the BruGi firmware and corresponding software and also the hacked SimpleBCG firmware. The gimbal wont do its job. It seems like it doesnt even read the data from the IMU correctly...

Crap

I can send it back when it arrives in 2 weeks, but that's going to cost me $25.00, so I'll be out $50 in all.

There are some good reviews. There are also some bad ones for the Zenmuse too.

That's it. I'm buying a complete, full size Helicopter. Getting my Pilots liciense, buying a Red One, and then I'm going to make real estate videos at $125.00 a pop.

I am a great business man!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

D

CameraGuy said:
Crap

I can send it back when it arrives in 2 weeks, but that's going to cost me $25.00, so I'll be out $50 in all.

That's it. I'm buying a complete, full size Helicopter. Getting my Pilots liciense, buying a Red One, and then I'm going to make real estate videos at $125.00 a pop.

D

You can use my helicopter and I'll throw in the camera. $650 per hr. 3 hr min. ;-)

E

CameraGuy said:
Crap

D

if you dont return it, you can rig a handheld mount of somesort and use it as a poor mans steadycam ;)

windcharger said:
if you dont return it, you can rig a handheld mount of somesort and use it as a poor mans steadycam ;)

I already own one of those.

Oh well, yet another mistake in a life long string of them

D

I still have not managed to get this gimbal to work so I did some more research and also contacted the ebay seller from which I bought this thing.

So it seems that they initially loaded this board up with the SimpleBGC firmware (or probably the hacked version 1.3 floating around the internets) and thats why the IMU sensor board was placed that way out of the box. Alexmos gimbal seems to require a different orientation of the sensor.

so, yeah apparently this controller board is also able to run the Alexmos version of the firmware.
I will once again try to get this to work tomorrow

Stubbz said:
I still have not managed to get this gimbal to work so I did some more research and also contacted the ebay seller from which I bought this thing.

So it seems that they initially loaded this board up with the SimpleBGC firmware (or probably the hacked version 1.3 floating around the internets) and thats why the IMU sensor board was placed that way out of the box. Alexmos gimbal seems to require a different orientation of the sensor.

so, yeah apparently this controller board is also able to run the Alexmos version of the firmware.
I will once again try to get this to work tomorrow

Keep us informed. I'm very keen

Darren

I just received this gimbal. I'm having trouble understanding how to update the firmware. Can someone tell me how to do this?

I downloaded the BruGi_049b_r161.zip. It seems like my Windows 7 automatically installed drivers but Its not working with the GUI.

I'm having massive vibration issues while flying. I believe its the motors overworking itself and the loud whining noise. It works perfectly when not flying.

I zip tied the shock absorbers and verified just like you guys have that it is the cause of the violent vibration issue.

OK, my gimbal arrived today. Here are some pictures.

Now, what do I do? there is only one 2 pin connection pre-wired, and I think that's for power.

I think I have bitten off more than I can chew here.

Is there any advice I can get, a tutorial I can view?

Thanks Guys!

D

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 560

Got mine stabilized and quiet. No more jitters or whining sound, and it works really well... except... I can't get it to manually pitch more than 45 degrees - I need 90 degrees to be able to shoot straight down!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik