Good hard case gift for older man

Reaction score
I'm helping buy a phantom package for birthday. Too make things easier for him I want a nice case that the props can stay on and preferably rolled around. What cases do you recommend?

Bb how does the touch case compare to the go professional?
Similar. I bought the toughcase because the props can stay on in the case. Not sure if that's possible w/ the go professional. If so, either one is a great quality case.

$330 and out of stock. and 27x25x14 ! I'm not an older man and I'd have a hard time getting that thing around! :)

LOL yeah I don't own it but since the question was raised I had a look and saw that. GP cases are not cheap. I think that one has wheels at least. Since I do not travel far with my P3 and it basically goes like this:

My house -> Car -> Flight location -> Car -> My house.

So I use this:

HPRC Soft Bag with Custom Foam for DJI Phantom 3 HPRCDROLG3 B&H

And I leave it in the back of my Toyota Highlander and just plop the bird/batteries/remote into it when I go fly. As you can see it's a soft case and for my use, that is perfect. It's super light as well.

Does anyone know if you can leave the props on with this go pro case?
I have this case and you can leave your props on. The foam from the top of the case will probably partly rest on the props though since it only has flimsy foam supports to prop the foam top up. This is a great case if you don't need to keep the props on.

A Microraptor Pro case would be a much better choice (I own this case too). It includes solid plastic supports to prop the foam top up. Also, another plus is that it's not as tall (deep) as the Go Professional case, so it's lighter and less bulky.

Both of these case are made very well and have the highest quality of foam on the inside of the case. Minus the issue with the prop supports, you'd be very happy with either.

Last edited:
Reactions: B- Scene Films
As far as I am concerned the Tradecraft case is fantastic for air travel. It is large, mil spec hard, versatile and spacious. It will have to be transported as luggage however. It is too large to fit in the trunk of my BMW Z3 sports car. It is heavy.
ToughCase X3 for Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced

For all other uses, my DJI hardshell backpack is my go to carrier. It is a little heavier than the nylon/fiberboard reinforced backpacks I had for my phantom 2s but it is far better overall.
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Hardshell-Backpack-CP-PT-000239/dp/B00YUZH4LE.

As far as I am concerned the Tradecraft case is fantastic for air travel. It is large, mil spec hard, versatile and spacious. It will have to be transported as luggage however. It is too large to fit in the trunk of my BMW Z3 sports car. It is heavy.
ToughCase X3 for Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced

For all other uses, my DJI hardshell backpack is my go to carrier. It is a little heavier than the nylon/fiberboard reinforced backpacks I had for my phantom 2s but it is far better overall.
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Hardshell-Backpack-CP-PT-000239/dp/B00YUZH4LE.
I use a tradecraft for my P2 and it is rock solid, wheels, lockable, etc. but as mentioned, it is heavy. That said I have traveled with it on major airlines with no issues, fits in the overhead compartments.

As far as I am concerned the Tradecraft case is fantastic for air travel
How well does it work for keeping the props on? That's what the OP is asking about.

How well does it work for keeping the props on? That's what the OP is asking about.
The Tradecraft (same as Seahorse) will allow you to leave the props on if desired. I still remove mine, just my personal preference.

You might call me a skeptic, but I don't like anything resting on my props.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl