Go Professional Case for Phantom 4

If you look back in my posts on this thread I have a bunch.
7e4bd5a53c14785f88f5fc13039a8a8a.jpg

Here's a tip down picture of my load out though....I decided to go with the larger case

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ugh. My app just crashed and deleted my lengthy response. Lol. Here's a photo of my p4 compact and my p3 full size stacked on top of one another.

The new Props-On case for the P4 will be the same dimensions as the P3 Props On case
b0ced111e9fcc0c95d70853659451b5f.jpg

I have that some P3 case and really like it. Are they telling you that they will ship you new P4 foam or do you need to send the case back?

I have a pelican 1610 I used for another drone. Plenty deep at almost 11 in. My local pelican company(atlas case) will custom lazer cut the high density foam so everything fits perfect. I normally use the goprofessional cases, but looks like this one is bit cheesy.
Pelican is my all time favorite case. Only because Of my experiences with them in the Army. I've seen them put through some of the most horrible conditions and I've never seen anything they were protecting get damaged. I watched a 30,000 lb tracked vehicle, an M113, run one over in Iraq. It busted the latches and cracked the case, but the camera inside suffered no damage.

If you look back in my posts on this thread I have a bunch.
7e4bd5a53c14785f88f5fc13039a8a8a.jpg

Here's a tip down picture of my load out though....I decided to go with the larger case

Sorry. I misread your post. I was wanting to see the prop on case. But you don't have it yet. Thanks.

Agree with the Pelican assessment. I used exclusively Pelican in the Navy.

SKB makes a very comparable case for a good deal less than Pelican.

I use pelican 1700/1650/1610/1720/1450 in my daily work too in Oil and Gas for my test equipment and monitors and have recently tried out some SKB cases for my gear. In MY PERSONAL OPINION, they're just as capable in the field

I'd trust these cases just as much as I do my Pelicans and am happy to use them just as ruggedly.

038dd9633775d32d556adf2bd2ec478e.jpg

Reactions: adambfarmer
I stopped by atlas case today and spoke with the owner. To get a custom cut high density foam for my p4 and my pelican 1610 case im looking at over 200.00. Atlas stamps them out, so there is labor setting up the tooling for cutting. He said the go professional case at 210.00 was a great deal. So i just ordered replacement pluck and pick foam for 70.00 for the pelican.

Everything fits good now. The shims at the bottom really help. I have talked with many companies and I have to say that these guys go above and beyond great customer support.

Everything fits good now. The shims at the bottom really help. I have talked with many companies and I have to say that these guys go above and beyond great customer support.
I also have the GPCase. Did they send you some type of shims to correct the slight off-cut?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes. Once they are in it really helps support / secure the phantom. This case is not as deep as some of the others so it will never fully surround the arms. It is much better and fits tighter.

Reactions: Santiego
I installed the shims today and my Phantom sits nice and level now. GPC is going to be shipping these cases with the shims in place, so the fit should be just fine if you haven't ordered yet. If anyone needs shims, contact GPC support and they will ship them out to you.

For those interested in this case, here are some things you should know about it:
  • It's very compact height-wise, so there isn't much padding under the Phantom's landing gear. The padding is comparable to other compact Phantom cases I've used in the past (e.g. Microraptor).
  • It should offer plenty of protection if you're not shipping it in the mail, checking it in as baggage on an airline, or throwing the case around.
  • You can store your Phantom without the gimbal lock attached since the foam egg crate in the center of the case cradles the camera.
  • You cannot store your Phantom with the props on (GPC is working on a new case that will accommodate the props).

Reactions: Waxings
I installed the shims today and my Phantom sits nice and level now. GPC is going to be shipping these cases with the shims in place, so the fit should be just fine if you haven't ordered yet. If anyone needs shims, contact GPC support and they will ship them out to you.

For those interested in this case, here are some things you should know about it:
  • It's very compact height-wise, so there isn't much padding under the Phantom's landing gear. The padding is comparable to other compact Phantom cases I've used in the past (e.g. Microraptor).
  • It should offer plenty of protection if you're not shipping it in the mail, checking it in as baggage on an airline, or throwing the case around.
  • You can store your Phantom without the gimbal lock attached since the foam egg crate in the center of the case cradles the camera.
  • You cannot store your Phantom with the props on (GPC is working on a new case that will accommodate the props).
Great post! Thanks for the update. The more I use the case the more I like it. I took the gimbal lock off and it seems to support the gimbal well.

Problem is though, that is exactly why people buy this sort of case...

I love my other GPC products, but I think they have used the wrong case this time.

I can see why they tried to squeeze it into something approaching carry-on size but if it can't adequately protect the P4 then it is a fail.

Hopefully they will produce a slightly larger alternative...

I love my other GPC products, but I think they have used the wrong case this time.
This is only one of the soon to be three options. The 3rd case will be much deeper than this one. But, then I'm sure the compact case lovers will complain it's way too big. That's why it's great to have options though. It's nice that GPC listens to customers and does not attempt to force everyone into a one-size-fits-all case.

I can see why they tried to squeeze it into something approaching carry-on size but if it can't adequately protect the P4 then it is a fail.
It should offer plenty of protection for the average Phantom pilot. I just wouldn't recommend tossing it 10 feet across the room.

Reactions: Myetkt
I believe I was one of the first to pre order the GPC case for the P4. While I thought the case adequate for the intended use it did seem like there was a few spots it fell short on the cutting of the foam. After seeing a few others on this thread also finding problems I wrote GPC to see if anything could be done. I wrote late on a Friday night and received a reply first thing Monday morning from Rick Bohlman who was very helpful. He said they had a fix for the problems I had or I was welcome to send the case back for another. This company has been more then great to me, and i wouldn't hesitate doing business with them in the future. Attached is what Rick sent me in the last email:

Good evening,
A great product is only half of what business is all about. Have to step up to the plate when there is a hiccup.
Pilots need to know we are here to help and just give us a call if something doesn't seem right.
Thanks and have a good evening and I will be in touch.
Rick

Reactions: maseman88
Has anyone purchased the GPC compact case recently? I'm thinking about buying it as a carry-on case for air travel, but I'm hesitant after seeing so many reviews saying it's not deep enough and that the cover rests on the motors and could cause damage if any force is applied.

Has anyone purchased the GPC compact case recently? I'm thinking about buying it as a carry-on case for air travel, but I'm hesitant after seeing so many reviews saying it's not deep enough and that the cover rests on the motors
The cover definitely doesn't rest on the motors. It's close, but I have no concern that it's pressing against them and/or that putting pressure on the top of the lid will make it push against the motors.

Reactions: DJI-Polar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic