Go Professional Case for Phantom 4

The risk is that without direct support under the arms, when you shut the case and put pressure on the motors, you are actually stressing the arms.

For me at least, the wheeled case was a solution for airline travel as it is tough enough to be checked in safely as in pretty much anything , including the backpack, the Solo is over the carry-on size limit.

The handy thing with the P4 though is the case it ships in is comfortably inside the carry-on limits so that makes the need for a hard case much less obvious as I agree, the backpack solution is way easier if you do actually have to carry it any distance especially over rough terrain.

How hard is it to fly with a Phantom 4

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The risk is that without direct support under the arms, when you shut the case and put pressure on the motors, you are actually stressing the arms.

Should I complain? It kind of bothers me a little. I would prefer they fix the foam and send me a new insert

How hard is it to fly with a Phantom 4

I've not yet flown with it, but if it is in the case it ships in I'd expect zero problems as it is small and will fit under a seat or in the over-head with ease.

Should I complain? It kind of bothers me a little. I would prefer they fix the foam and send me a new insert

Just as a test, take off the standard gimbal lock and see if the arms are still sitting too high?

It may not be the main foam that is 'wrong', as suggested further up the thread it may just be the extra piece in the base that isn't working well with the lock.

Last edited:
I've not yet flown with it, but if it is in the case it ships in I'd expect zero problems as it is small and will fit under a seat or in the over-head with ease.
Yes, that's a good point.

Foam or gimbal lock. I like the foam for speed and you don't need the gimbal lock if you keep the foam. At least on mine and seems GPC didn't want us to use the lock because they didn't cut the foam for it.

If they did not want us to use the gimbal lock why would they leave the cut outs in the foam?

Go_Professional_Case_for_Phantom_4___Page_2___DJI_Phantom_Drone_Forum.jpg

Reactions: Santiego
I have the non-wheeled case and I do not think the motor fitment is an issue (unless you intend to store your Phantom with the props on). Here's a photo of the top of the case lid:

View attachment 48271

The blue section (the middle of the lid) flexes a bit when you push on the top with a moderate amount of force. The red section does not flex at all. The motors are all housed below the red section.

I think this is true on the front of the case but the motors in the back are under the blue flexible area.

I think this is true on the front of the case but the motors in the back are under the blue flexible area.
They are close to the edge of the blue area, so I don't think it's going to flex much (if any).

I've been in contact with GPC for the past couple of days. They've figured out some better spacing and have shimmed up some areas to provide a more proper fit.

I received a preview picture of the deeper foam cutouts which envelope nearly halfway up the motors. It looks AWESOME. They've also widened up the battery slots by 1/32" to prevent that occasional catch on the plastic lip of the batteries when you place them inside.

They've also confirmed that the interior clearance of the COMPACT case has 3/8" from top of the motors to plastic lid. That snugness is provided by the foam.

They're updating their descriptions on the website to emphasize that the Compact version is intended for those who want easier options for air travel and slimmer storage. It's truly a fantastic case, but I personally prefer the larger case with more room for my bits and bobs. Upon inspection before I boxed mine back up, I don't doubt that it shall provide more than adequate protection whether it be sitting in an office under a desk or slogging through muddy water on the other side of the globe.

I've been in contact with GPC for the past couple of days. They've figured out some better spacing and have shimmed up some areas to provide a more proper fit.

I received a preview picture of the deeper foam cutouts which envelope nearly halfway up the motors. It looks AWESOME. They've also widened up the battery slots by 1/32" to prevent that occasional catch on the plastic lip of the batteries when you place them inside.

They've also confirmed that the interior clearance of the COMPACT case has 3/8" from top of the motors to plastic lid. That snugness is provided by the foam.

They're updating their descriptions on the website to emphasize that the Compact version is intended for those who want easier options for air travel and slimmer storage. It's truly a fantastic case, but I personally prefer the larger case with more room for my bits and bobs. Upon inspection before I boxed mine back up, I don't doubt that it shall provide more than adequate protection whether it be sitting in an office under a desk or slogging through muddy water on the other side of the globe.

Im sending mine back. Are you saying that they are replacing the foam for the case that we have? I LOVE their product and don't want to by some other brand but for the price I feel it needs some work. I have the non wheeled version.

Who do I need to talk to?

Send an email to [email protected] with your order # in the heading. They'll hopefully respond soon and get the ball rolling for you. Whether you wanted the larger cases or replacement foam, they're there to make sure you're satisfied. [emoji106].

Good Luck brother!

Reactions: Waxings
Send an email to [email protected] with your order # in the heading. They'll hopefully respond soon and get the ball rolling for you. Whether you wanted the larger cases or replacement foam, they're there to make sure you're satisfied. [emoji106].

Good Luck brother!

Thanks so much TBDGR for the upfront work. What I want is to keep the case and have replacement foam. What did you decide to do?

I'm curious. Are they using the exact same size case as their p3. I made a case from an old pelican case I had laying around. My p3 fit perfectly in it. When I returned it and got the p4, I ordered new foam to make another one for my 4, but the case is not tall enough. I have to buy a whole new case. I read a lot that the 4 and 3 were the same height before anyone had their hands on one and that's what I based my case dimensions on. I wonder if they did the same thing and prematurely started manufacturing these cases. Either way, glad to see they figured it out. I'm going to order one as soon as we have confirmation they are good.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a pelican 1610 I used for another drone. Plenty deep at almost 11 in. My local pelican company(atlas case) will custom lazer cut the high density foam so everything fits perfect. I normally use the goprofessional cases, but looks like this one is bit cheesy.

Ugh. My app just crashed and deleted my lengthy response. Lol. Here's a photo of my p4 compact and my p3 full size stacked on top of one another.

The new Props-On case for the P4 will be the same dimensions as the P3 Props On case
b0ced111e9fcc0c95d70853659451b5f.jpg

Ugh. My app just crashed and deleted my lengthy response. Lol. Here's a photo of my p4 compact and my p3 full size stacked on top of one another.

The new Props-On case for the P4 will be the same dimensions as the P3 Props On case
b0ced111e9fcc0c95d70853659451b5f.jpg

Those are nice. I'm going to look at those too. Can you post some pics of the inside?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20