Reaction score
Have just installed the HDMI module on my P3 Pro - the Go App (iPad) shows as being Disconnected from controller. Controller also doesn't connect to camera functions via two buttons.
However, replacing just the original plastic cover (USB only) restores full connection to P3 Controller/RPA and full controls. Therefore I presume that the ribbon cables are all ok and the board itself is working - but that the HDMI port within the cover is not working and causing everything else to fail.
Has anyone had a similar problem and is there an easy solution?

Yep I just installed my hdmi module and no connection, so I removed the cover of the hdmi module to uncouple the hdmi port and I regained connection, so the usb port is good. Just like you Peter I'm trying to find a solution, I even uninstalled go app and did a fresh install of GO, did the same no connection. WTF

Yep I just installed my hdmi module and no connection, so I removed the cover of the hdmi module to uncouple the hdmi port and I regained connection, so the usb port is good. Just like you Peter I'm trying to find a solution, I even uninstalled go app and did a fresh install of GO, did the same no connection. WTF
same for me on my p4
i also tried a samsung galaxy note and connected ,did an Rc fw upgrade and works on the samsung but not on my iphone 6s pro
must be a problem on the ios ..

I too just installed and have this problem. Was hoping it wasn't just me :) It kind of defeats the purpose of the module as I was hoping it worked, being able to control that craft while Fire Service Incident Command views the flyover.

Fixed it
Just go to the application of dji and clear all cashe memory
I did this without reinstall it works fine !

I found out that in the biggining it did not initiate on iPhone at all.
On Samsung note 3 phone it asked for an update on the Rc after I connect it on the USB port.
after wards worked fine ,once I unplugged and plugged the USB port again.
On the program menu I could see (after the upgrade fw) the selection of dual output of video on hdmi.
I then proceeded to plug in on iPhone and it still did not connected on usb.
However after I cleared the cashe memory on the dji application on the iPhone it worked perfect
I hope the above helped other users.
ARIS

When you say the cache memory are you talking about the "clear video cache" on the general settings page?
Or is there somewhere else that I need to clear?
I am using an iPad Mini 4 and the Phantom 4
Thanks everyone for your help.

When you say the cache memory are you talking about the "clear video cache" on the general settings page?
I have the same problem after installing the HDMI module, wich cache memory did you cleared, did you figured out how to solve this problem?

No I did not solve the problem. I sent the board back and then went to my local shop to try another since I thought the board was bad. The technician and I put the new hdmi board in and tried to get it working but this one did the same. Must be a problem in the firmware. Will wait for new firmware before trying again.

No I did not solve the problem. I sent the board back and then went to my local shop to try another since I thought the board was bad. The technician and I put the new hdmi board in and tried to get it working but this one did the same. Must be a problem in the firmware. Will wait for new firmware before trying again.
thanks for the fast reply!

i am sorry was unavailable before.
i cleared all cache settings on the application of the general settings video ,after software upgrade .
since then i never had a problem
regards

the way to bypass the problem was to unplug the upper board (hdmi) from the usb board on the r/c that allowed the phone to install the new firmware of the HDMI port.(IPHONE 6 PLUS)
once that was done i plug the board back on and reset cache on video settings .it works fine since then.

Thanks for getting back to me. I did figure out what you were talking about and tried both but it still did not work. I also went to a local shop and they could not get it to function either. Anyhow since then DJI sent an RMA and they say they will make it work one way or another.

Thanks for getting back to me. I did figure out what you were talking about and tried both but it still did not work. I also went to a local shop and they could not get it to function either. Anyhow since then DJI sent an RMA and they say they will make it work one way or another.
i am trying to rethink my steps :
i first connect the board and had no video link whats so ever on iphone.
i tried removing the HDMI board only and the video link was on again.
i then tried the samsung note 3 phone ,and it did not show video as well ,but detect the board and downloaded the upgraded firmware ,WHAT I DID observed was that on samsung phone only the video was not linked but the flying controls were linked.On the iphone though that wasn't the case.
after that it worked on the samsung phone so i verified that the HDMI board was ok and presumed that a firmware upgrade was done on the HDMI board as well as the sw.
tried again the iphone 6 plus ,connected the system on and.I could see the switching option on the software to select HDMI settings ,that made me realized that a firmware upgrade was done on the HDMI board while connected to the samsung phone.still no video .
I reboot the rc and reset the cache video memory
REINSTALL THE SW ON THE RC !!!
,that made the iphone to work.
i hope that helps
regards
ARI

Last edited:
Hey freinds,

My first post here, but wanted to share my experience with the group. I recently installed the HDMI module in my P3A remote. Everything was working well until I updated the RC firmware, P3A firmware, and iOS DJI GO app. (iPad Mini2).

After about 40 seconds of connecting my headplays or a TV with HDMI, I receive "disconnected" message, lose video and OSD on my tablet and external display. The video feed will re-establish for another few seconds, then drop again. As soon as I unplug the HDMI cable, the problem goes away. This happened during a flight right after the update, and I've been able to recreate it consistently with my Phantom on a table 2 feet away from the remote.

Since I updated everything together, I cannot determine the cause of the issue. I believe it has to be with the RC firmware...

Hopefully the rumors of DJI being aware will result in a new FW for the RC soon. The entire HDMI module is pretty much useless at this point.

I attached my flight record if any of you would like to check it out...

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-06-19_[10-17-57].txt
    2.5 MB · Views: 421
Try uninstall and reinstall your dji application .

Just wanted to thank you for this simple suggestion. I tried this tonight and flew 2 batteries without a disconnect. Fingers crossed it was as simple as a reinstall and problem solved!

Cheers!

its
Just wanted to thank you for this simple suggestion. I tried this tonight and flew 2 batteries without a disconnect. Fingers crossed it was as simple as a reinstall and problem solved!

Cheers!
a pleasure

Sent the RC to DJI and they installed the module and made it work properly. They were helpful, only problem is they did not send the old module back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31