Glitchy P3 Advance, Need Advice

How do you start a thread
Welcome to the Forum!

Yes start a new thread, your kind of making a lot of clutter. ;)

Click on this link,
Phantom 3 Help
Look to the top right and you will see Post New Thread, click on that. Pick your model and create a title like, New Phantom, no Camera view.
Below that type in what you have tried...

Rod

Reactions: Joker2415
haha...I could care less about clutter, I can't ever stay on topic in threads at all myself. I just didn't think many people would be able to see his question on this one and I'm no help answering the question..

Reactions: RodPad
Yeah, I wanted to get him in the right direction, he had posted on three unrelated posts already.
Clearly he is not going to any problem solving replies.

I right click on their name (for a new tab) and look at there posts.

Rod

I'll throw this here instead of starting a new thread......

Do you guys take your logs down after a while? I was just thinking about the GPS showing locations.. For this thread It makes no difference to me, but The logs are on the net forever. That may not be a great thing in some cases I can think of a few...

I like the drop box idea since they can be taken out for whatever reason or after the issue solved, given up on, or thread is dead.

I also wondered about selling drones....What if that drone was used in a job where the gps locations are "secret". Mining or prospecting locations would be an example. Can all of the info be erased? I haven't looked any of this up yet.....Was just thinking and thought I'd throw a post here....

Last edited:
If your talking about the flight logs, that is on @msinger web sight?
DJI Flight Log Viewer

They don't stay there forever.

Free online DJI GO & Litchi flight log viewer

Rod

I was shipping this drone out this morning...Since I gave up on it to spend time on the main drones that I'll be using, and was just wondering. This is stuff to really consider if there is any reason someone is on a location that they wouldn't want the world to see for whatever reason. I really didn't think about it when posting(and don't care) in this thread because at times I forget it's not just us few talking, anyone can see.....

I'm sure most everyone else has already talked and thought about this stuff...:)

Well of coarse the flight logs that are mostly used is on our mobile.
But the flights on the Phantoms the SD (blackbox) card gets overwritten in time.

You would have to pull the card (de-solder), erase it, then solder it back in.

The last time I got my P3S back from DJI. I downloaded all the .dat files from the Phantom. There were two within the time frame they had it. Never tried to look at them, thought if didn't work like it should I would.

Something else Funny, somebody bought a Phantom. I think it was brand new and there was a couple pics on it. Looked like must of been somebody testing it and then never erased them. That was on this forum...

Rod

Well of coarse the flight logs that are mostly used is on our mobile.
But the flights on the Phantoms the SD (blackbox) card gets overwritten in time.

You would have to pull the card (de-solder), erase it, then solder it back in.

The last time I got my P3S back from DJI. I downloaded all the .dat files from the Phantom. There were two within the time frame they had it. Never tried to look at them, thought if didn't work like it should I would.

Something else Funny, somebody bought a Phantom. I think it was brand new and there was a couple pics on it. Looked like must of been somebody testing it and then never erased them. That was on this forum...

Rod

If you ever want to take The "black box" sd out all you have to do is carefully cut a little glue. So far I haven't run into any that were soldered in. I thought it would be a pain and it was actually really easy. The holder or "bracket" has to be unlocked by sliding it a little. The biggest pain is getting the board out because of the LED's. They either have to be unsoldered or the little tabs cut off the shell.

On to the next project! I have to sell some more stuff to recover a little money, I went a little Phantom 3 Project crazy on Ebay a few weeks ago and spent more than I should of( a little over 2k)! hahaha Now, It's going to be bill time and I'm scattering to recover.....Hahaha Always a juggling act with me!! haha People that know me laugh, when I get interested in something, it's "all in"!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
The fact you had magnets next to your compass on the drone could have damaged it.Replace the compass.My p3 was doing same thing.It would go up down and around in circle even after compass calibration.I took compass out of my other drone and it fixed it.I put my drone in trunk under the speaker compass.I think I messed it up some how.Anyway it fixed it I got new compass for ten bucks I think it was.You can get landing gear with compass easy to plug in.

The fact you had magnets next to your compass on the drone could have damaged it.Replace the compass.My p3 was doing same thing.It would go up down and around in circle even after compass calibration.I took compass out of my other drone and it fixed it.I put my drone in trunk under the speaker compass.I think I messed it up some how.Anyway it fixed it I got new compass for ten bucks I think it was.You can get landing gear with compass easy to plug in.

It's unlikely that the compass was damaged, but it may have become magnetized enough to prevent it from calibrating properly. Demagnetization should fix that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl