GIVEAWAY: Phantom 4 (winner = lalvar40)

The eagle has landed.

"The Eagle Has Landed" - WOW a new P4 - thanks msinger, I'm speechless!

LOL - sorry, couldn't help myself when you used that phrase and with reference to my user name!

When it comes to training ideas for a program on drone flight in general, there are three subjects that would be very important to include. Those would be about...

Yikes - that is an impressive layout for a training program - great job there Frank. I liked your video and how it was presented also.

Yikes - that is an impressive layout for a training program - great job there Frank. I liked your video and how it was presented also.

I didn't mean for it to have a program appearance. Instead of writing out a real long summery on my ideas, I wanted to use some of that same principal on what I felt it takes for a trainee to get the most out of a program they have invested into. Some of it was simple, and some was very time consuming.

To You guy that recognized what I had done and stepped to show support, is fantastic. I never looked through any part of this thread until now after reading your post. And to see that you guys actually said nice stuff concerning me, but had even made your own entries early on. That without a doubt says a lot on how special each of you really are.

I'm so glad I was able to get enough of what I wanted to say finished and entered. Like others I have reasons why a P4 hasn't already been delivered at my door.

Good luck to all that are participating in the contest!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
First, I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to share your ideas. There are many great posts here, but I'm unfortunately only able to select one winner (unless @cxbernal is still donating his bird).

While I know some of these ideas were mentioned throughout this thread, here are my favorite ideas/thoughts (in no special order):
  • #11: real life troubleshooting examples
  • #28: how to avoid common accidents
  • #31: members can ask questions on lessons and get an answer from the instructor
  • #39: examples of what not to do
  • #42: signs & symptoms when something requires maintenance
  • #45: recreate circumstances that could cause flyaways or other common accidents
  • #66: teach lessons in Google Hangout
  • #69: schedule trainings in webinars
  • #91: lots of misinformation on the Internet
  • (#102: nice editing in your YouTube videos!)
  • #139: build up brand through a YouTube video series
  • #141: different training packages
  • #185: what to do instead of panicking in potential disasters
  • #236: like how you combined the video and RC action
Note: Some of the above posts were quite lengthy and contained a lot of other good information. I just highlighted the main points and/or ideas that really stood out to me.

And, now for the winning post...

There are no doubt a lot of experts on this forum -- and, all with different experiences and skillsets. As described in post #72, I really like the idea of gathering those interested experts and allowing them to cover topics based on their experience. And, those topics could be grouped into different modules for those people interested in learning about those specific topics. It's something I've never considered and I think it could turn out to be a very valuable resource for all involved.

So, congrats to [B]@lalvar40[/B]! You just won yourself a shiny (literally) new Phantom 4! Please PM me your mailing address so I can get your package in the mail.

Last edited:
Congrats lalvar40! and once again, thanks msinger for being such a great sport and giving away your first P4 to a deserving winner! Chapeau!

I cant wait to sign up for 40's course when he gets it up and running, you are gonna make him work for it right! He was really putting himself out there, he deserves it.

Reactions: jggraham
I didn't mean for it to have a program appearance. Instead of writing out a real long summery on my ideas, I wanted to use some of that same principal on what I felt it takes for a trainee to get the most out of a program they have invested into. Some of it was simple, and some was very time consuming.

To You guy that recognized what I had done and stepped to show support, is fantastic. I never looked through any part of this thread until now after reading your post. And to see that you guys actually said nice stuff concerning me, but had even made your own entries early on. That without a doubt says a lot on how special each of you really are.

I'm so glad I was able to get enough of what I wanted to say finished and entered. Like others I have reasons why a P4 hasn't already been delivered at my door.

Good luck to all that are participating in the contest!
If I win, I'm giving you mine, Frank! You deserve it! :D

[Edit: Oops, I didn't realize the winner had already been selected!:oops: Nevertheless, it's the thought that counts!]

Congrats lalvar40! and once again, thanks msinger for being such a great sport and giving away your first P4 to a deserving winner! Chapeau!
Are you implying that there will be more than one P4 given away?? ;)

Congrats lalvar40. Well done.

P.S: almost ready to retire, and looking to this passion to enjoy retirement. By the way, your site phantomhelp has been extremely useful for me as I know that if the link is there, it is serious, trusted and is not a scam.

Way ta go lalvar40 - congrats on winning the P4 and congrats on the likely well earned up-coming retirement!

Enjoying this hobby to a point of it being a "passion".......as is said............."guys never grow up .......... their toys just get more expensive".

So true as to "tons of experience" on this site to draw assistance from for laying out a training program.

Ditto for me on the Phantom Help site....it is great.

Well done and enjoy your brand new, still in the box P4............and well done msinger for making all this possible.

Reactions: lalvar40
As described in post #72, I really like the idea of gathering those interested experts and allowing them to cover topics based on their experience. And, those topics could be grouped into different modules for those people interested in learning about those specific topics. It's something I've never considered and I think it could turn out to be a very valuable resource for all involved.

That is a great idea...........based on training courses I have done in my own field.........nothing beats hands-on experience for delivering a resolve.

Anyone can theorize about just about anything at all, but theories mean very little to me until proven (experienced).

There is a ton of experience and knowledge on this site with regard to every aspect of safety, maintenance, r/c's, flying, aerial photo/video (shooting, editing, production) --- priceless stuff!

One more time - thank you msinger for doing this and for all your ongoing help. Your generosity sparked a lot of motivation & great ideas with regard to training and need for the same.

Couldn't have been an easy choice to make (winner) considering all the posts - but have to agree, it was the best choice.

Reactions: lalvar40

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor