GIVEAWAY: Phantom 4 (winner = lalvar40)

I would like to see a basic wiring chart to help with insulation of mods and such.

Sent from Ron's iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mirrorimage
The best thing about this hobby is thinking about "Whats next" ? The way these newer models are coming out , its taking a lot of the guess work out of it . Modding your phantom would be one way to keep people interested .
Good luck everyone and enjoy this hobby before the state officials make more rules .

Last edited:
Only one more day...

tracking.png

I suggest you focus on the active tracking tool and how to optimize its usage for different situations. Other than tap to fly, the general flying is too similar to previous phantoms (save the obstacle avoidance) to be worth a lot of attention. It would be helpful for me to get into the nitty gritty of active track. Can you set a default follow height and distance? Is that height/distance proportional to the object's speed (i.e. The faster it goes the more room the phantom gives it)? After those basics are answered, techniques for good subject filming could be covered to help newbies get some great shots. You could cover orbiting, manually adjusting follow height with the controller (if allowed), when it's advantageous to follow vs sideslip vs lead (fly backwards in front of subject). It would be worth reminding people that obstacle avoidance only works in forward flight.

That's off the top of my head. Hope it helps.

I would love to see a video of the basics of how to fly!! And understand these magnificent machines.With each phantom model they get more complex and myself being middle aged struggle to understand written instructions and seeing a video is way easier...my kids just grab the joystick and there off...
Many thanks peter

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Salam Mr msinger Salam all members.
First i m sorry for my bad english. This s my first comment and post in this forum..i m not an expert in drones. But i have a cheap one enjoing it in the good times. I m from morocco in north africa.
The drones are very expensive in our country...even u can not buy it here..the only way is to get it from europe and by someone..i m waiting for phantom3 adv..hope will get it in summer..
Ok...ur idea for training program is very nice...i think better make a program for bigenners and program for advanced pilots... program for repairing ..and program for video editing. I m interested in flying in montains areas..and prevent altitude errors.
Thank you for reading

First things first - can't thank you enough msinger for all the help you offer others. I have clicked on your "here" many times and always found something useful and helpful.

You seem to cover a lot of the training already on your site and links to same.

For me and right of the bat - it would be......

1. A solid Pre and Post flight checklist.

2. Maintenance on the Phantom (props, temps, batteries).

3. Learning to properly use the DJI Go app (telemetry, #1) - observing and understanding your initial flights headings and return flight paths.

4. Accessing your flight info and basic understanding of same.

5. Understanding your RC (e.g. sticks, settings, signal strength and areas where you can lose a signal)

6. A members FAQ where one can add either a question or provide an answer.

7. Safe flying - areas and conditions to avoid.

I know these seem pretty basic - but having success with anything comes with review, repeatability and practice no matter the task at hand.

Good luck with your contest and to everyone who has participated, good on you msinger once again, for going that "extra mile".

Bob

Last edited:
cxbernal, are you offering to give away your P4 too? :D

Reactions: klepper
I want to know on how will you get a good photo on your phantom 4 and what are the techniques when taking aerial photography?

And also the safety guide in controlling or flying the drone

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How can you make a good cinematic video on p4 while using it manually?

For the Phantom 3 I'd like to see a course on how to really get the most fun out of it, also how to help get out of the most common tricky situations (trees, crashing, losing your sense of direction, losing your signal, strong wind, and plain old copter going rouge).
For the Phantom 3 Advanced it would be nice to see something on getting to know your distance limitations, common rules and regulations for flying, of course tips on keeping your quadcopter healthy and running smooth, helpful camera settings and how to really get the most out of your advanced phantom.
The Phantom 3 Professional should include the best editing tips for photos and video, which programs can help out the most with that, also how to achieve the perfect shot.
For all of these it would be nice to see some of the common problems and how to fix them before they happen. Also, which accessories are actually worth buying like the better battery chargers, gimbal protectors, range extenders for P3, blade protectors, and blades.
For the Phantom 4 of course getting to know the new quad and how to customize it best for yourself would be great, and how best to enjoy the new phamtom. Of course something that tells you what all the new features are compared to the previous phamtoms would be nice.

Hey! First off, I had a P4 bought, I saved and sold my entire setup. Only to go and sell it, to have it stolen from my truck when I ran in the store. Smash and grab of my hard case with everything in it. It's a total loss for me and the insurance doesn't make sense.

I canceled my P4 or my intention on getting it because I'm just disgusted by the whole thing. My son, and two daughters, love to fly my Phantom 3 on the weekend at the dog park and now I just can't afford one.

Because I'm a hard working guy, with three kids, and a sole income I just can't justify shelling out the credit card for another.

I was excited to sell my entire setup, and pay for most of my new one but that's a goner now.

I'd be as good of a candidate to enjoy the heck out of this P4 as anyone! If you're so inclined!

I would like to see a list of all the major Do's and Dont's such as what types of operator error will make the bird fall from the sky or damage it or what mods or altercations are a must have. Next I would love to see a manual directly for the Dji go app. I use Apple but both would be nice as I hear they are diffrent. It would be nice if it included a break down of each setting and adjustments in the go app and exactly what It does when changed. A guide as well maybe with recommendations on where to put each camera setting for a beginner to be able to get a decent photo prior to learning what all the different settings do and what is best for each diffrent environment and application! A battery guide with detailed recommendations would also be nice with info on how long it is safe to have a fully charged battery stored and how to discharge one if a flight is cancelled. Also information on how low to drain the battery on each flight as down to what percent and how many cycles you can do that before its time to calibrate the battery. How to calibrate a battery. A recommendation list of assesories are good and what ones are bad as in cases, battery's, props, locators, Chargers, eat. I could go on but I will stop these are all things I would love to see as a new member to the phantom crew. It is hard to get good thorough info in anyone spot particularly on the phantom 4. Thanks for your work and all the info you already have out there it has been a big help already. Happy flying

Who
(Here it is, a lot of detail and super clean.) :)

When it comes to training ideas for a program on drone flight in general, there are three subjects that would be very important to include. Those would be about...

• Easy to Follow
  • Hands on Training
  • Easy to Remember

So what would need to be done to best accomplish these things. To begin with a Wizard or Dashboard type of setup that contains four sections. A Hardware, Firmware, Flight, and Video. (Please click each red description title to view example)

Hardware

Aircraft
Remote Controller
Camera and Gimbal

Firmware
DJI Pilot APP

Flight
Flight Environment Requirements
Flight Limits and No-Fly Zones
Pre-Flight Checklist
Calibrating the Compass
Flight Test
Starting/Stopping the Motors

Video Training Section

Click Here to see video section example.
Click Here to see video sample.
Whoomp! There it is.

The eagle has landed.

Package.png

Start with legal then social responsibilities followed by what can a phantom pilot do when approached/confronted by law and private persons. "How to best present our hobby".
Then get to the fun stuff of flight preparation, operation and neat stuff to do. Include some examples of right ways to fly and some stupid crashes.
Then discuss post flight activities (like cleaning bug guts of props), charging, short & long term storage etc.
Be enthusiastic about the fun aspect and give examples of how drones are helping the world, i.e. delivering prescription medications to isolated communities and Canadian police accident analyst. Take questions.
Conclude with reiterating social responsibilities.
Maybe end with group pizza & chat. Give everyone a chance to talk to you one-on-one.

Reactions: mcphipps
(Here it is, a lot of detail and super clean.) :)

When it comes to training ideas for a program on drone flight in general, there are three subjects that would be very important to include. Those would be about...

• Easy to Follow
  • Hands on Training
  • Easy to Remember

So what would need to be done to best accomplish these things. To begin with a Wizard or Dashboard type of setup that contains four sections. A Hardware, Firmware, Flight, and Video. (Please click each red description title to view example)

Hardware

Aircraft
Remote Controller
Camera and Gimbal

Firmware
DJI Pilot APP

Flight
Flight Environment Requirements
Flight Limits and No-Fly Zones
Pre-Flight Checklist
Calibrating the Compass
Flight Test
Starting/Stopping the Motors

Video Training Section

Click Here to see video section example.
Click Here to see video sample.
Impressive Frank. Well done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor