GIVEAWAY: Phantom 4 (winner = lalvar40)

I am not going to enter this competition. It seems like, recently anyway, people have looked what others have put. Thought that's a good idea and re-phrased and re-labeled his thoughts and structure etc. I would use the word plagiarism only some would get upset. So if I entered it would just get re-hashed and put up again. You do not have to look very far back to see who I am talking about who had his structure 'borrowed'. Disappointed.

Still some of the best ideas no doubt originated in that way. Good luck to you all.

Clever thinking though by the original poster. :)
I see exactly what you are saying as I just saw something I had mentioned...oh well that's human nature.I m out too

You do not have to look very far back to see who I am talking about who had his structure 'borrowed'. Disappointed.
Just to be clear, I'm not looking for people to design a comprehensive course outline for me (I already put that together weeks ago).

Reactions: PHANTOMUSER
You should create certain scenarios where it is very windy or an electrical error and stressing the ability to stay calm and how to maneuver about the event.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm giving away a brand new Phantom 4 to one lucky Phantom Pilots member!

View attachment 45630

Interested? Here's what you need to do:
  • I'm putting together a Phantom training program (for the Phantom 3 & 4) and am interested in hearing what you would like to see included in that program. You could tell me what you would like to learn, how you would like it to be presented, etc. I'm basically just looking for suggestions related to what you would expect/want to see. There are no wrong answers :)

• Only your first post will be considered. Feel free to edit your first post if you would like to add any thoughts to it.

• DJI starts shipping the Phantom 4 on March 15th. I ordered this Phantom shortly after they started selling them this afternoon, so I expect that my order will be shipped within the first week they start shipping. This giveaway will run until the day I receive this Phantom on my doorstep.

• I will personally pick the winner by choosing my favorite comment in this thread.

• The Phantom will be shipped to the winner the following business day after I receive it (I'll cover the shipping cost).

Thank you to everyone who has supported me by purchasing products at PhantomHelp.com. Your support has allowed me to spend time helping members here, put together a list of the best Phantom tips & products, develop free 3D printed products (like the CSC Safety & Phantom 3 battery covers), create a free DJI GO & Litchi flight log viewer, hold giveaways (like this one), and beyond!

If you like the work I'm doing and would like to continue to support me, please consider purchasing your Amazon/eBay/DJI Phantom products from PhantomHelp.com. Each purchase you make earns me a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you again for helping me do what I enjoy :)

maybe go through manual and explain things so us dumb americans can understand things written by Chinese,could also add any tricks other things found by people in the correct sections , may even trick some people into reading the manual ,not just the quick start guide

From what i've seen, The visual tracking mode looks good. But you need to tab on the object, to select it, and follow it.

Wouldn't this be really helpful in moments - Like a search and rescue, or even a police chase? Program it, so if it sees a moving object ( For further programming, It maybe could track a color, so it only finds certain things) and goes to it, and the pilot can see in a moment if this is the object they're searching for.

Search and rescues could be made easier, and it can be set up in a moment. ( putting the quad down, Getting it ready and so on )

I don't know if this could be done, So do i know if this has been mentioned yet.

Cheers.

I would like to see an all around video that covers the basics, intermediate, and advanced levels of using our drones separated into "chapters" so I can easily go back and review points of my particular interest. It needs to be informatively detailed with a bit of humor to keep interest. Something I would want to KEEP in my library for reference.

What about a WEB based tutorial.
Not Youtube, but one that you sign up for each week/month to get trained on the segments of your course.
Once people have signed up to your site, they could get E-mails to say what the next web based tutorials would be on with the dates.
They could form part of a Licence type course before you go for a Pilots Licence..

My must have in tutorials would have to be how tos on video capture techniques and settings. I am just getting started with my P3P and have a big library of raw footage and going through it I see that there is a lot of unusable footage.
It's great to spend the day flying but when you see something that makes you think "wow this will look awesome as a video", and you hit the record button only to capture a fragment of what you wanted.
So something along the lines of strengths and weaknesses of DGI cameras, how to frame, fly, and record for better end results.
I have followed this forum and a few others and have tried to glean some wisdom from them something targeted towards drone cinematography would probably pull in a lot of budding "Air Spielbergs" and folks who have all ready learned the craft.

Take all the good suggestions from the previous and upcoming posts.....throw out the bad. Then copy and paste the good on my post. I will have the best list by then. So, I'm sure to win. I'm ordering more batteries now. ......and a case. I'm so excited.

Being a new user to the phantom line, it is very hard to understand the difference between all the switches and controls and when to use them. If you do a detailed training of each switch and control on the device and controller to help new users like myself be 100% sure they are doing the correct steps to prevent the loss or crash of the aircraft. While doing the training also go over the flight app and everything on there and what it does and how to make sure your in tip top sharp to fly. Happy flying :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm giving away a brand new Phantom 4 to one lucky Phantom Pilots member!

View attachment 45630

Interested? Here's what you need to do:
  • I'm putting together a Phantom training program (for the Phantom 3 & 4) and am interested in hearing what you would like to see included in that program. You could tell me what you would like to learn, how you would like it to be presented, etc. I'm basically just looking for suggestions related to what you would expect/want to see. There are no wrong answers :)

• Only your first post will be considered. Feel free to edit your first post if you would like to add any thoughts to it.

• DJI starts shipping the Phantom 4 on March 15th. I ordered this Phantom shortly after they started selling them this afternoon, so I expect that my order will be shipped within the first week they start shipping. This giveaway will run until the day I receive this Phantom on my doorstep.

• I will personally pick the winner by choosing my favorite comment in this thread.

• The Phantom will be shipped to the winner the following business day after I receive it (I'll cover the shipping cost).

Thank you to everyone who has supported me by purchasing products at PhantomHelp.com. Your support has allowed me to spend time helping members here, put together a list of the best Phantom tips & products, develop free 3D printed products (like the CSC Safety & Phantom 3 battery covers), create a free DJI GO & Litchi flight log viewer, hold giveaways (like this one), and beyond!

If you like the work I'm doing and would like to continue to support me, please consider purchasing your Amazon/eBay/DJI Phantom products from PhantomHelp.com. Each purchase you make earns me a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you again for helping me do what I enjoy :)
This is an interesting idea, here are some of my suggestions!;

1) Basic safety training/briefing, sort of like a ground school that aircraft/heli pilots get. Explaining some basic aerodynamic fundamentals, so people know what a Yaw movement or a bank movement actually is, as opposed to flying blind out of the box. Included in this you could have a briefing on the regulations in relation to the respective aviation authority/administration of where the pilot will be operating, including th importance of staying out of no-fly zones, safety first before all else! Being in aviation professionally I can't help but keep stressing on that point. (You can also include basic Phantom set up and pre-flight checks in this briefing).

2) Possible indoor training, with the aircraft tethered by the gear to a solid point, note; this training would obviously only be to get an idea of the aircraft lift off power and general movement. Whoever is training might be more confident to lift off and try basic degrees of mobility.

3) Basic understanding and briefing of the Dji Go app, and it's functions, also as a component of "ground school". This could include, but need not be limited to the understanding of the flight plan functions, flight in atti mode, and GPS. Also the ability to understand the time bar at the top, and general navigation of all the functions and controllability and customisation of the aircraft on the app.

4) Flight training within a certain zone, which would initially include flying on ATTI mode. If the height and flight radius is restricted, this will give the newbie a great idea how to actually manually fly the aircraft. You can track this through a written flight log, and confirm it with the dji Go logs. It'll also give the student a much greater appreciation of actually flying on a GPS active mode with the RADALT VPS running as well, and prepare them when there is a loss of GPS signal.

5) Flight in GPS mode, this is simple enough but the student can be briefed how to fly LOS when the aircraft is just a dot, and also how to follow it FPV through their mobile devices. In case they lose LOS, NO LOS is a NO NO, but JUST IN CASE ;)

6) Operation of the aircraft towards aerial photography. This a step you offer for those who have finished previous levels of the training. Students can learn how to fly and operate the camera at the same time. Something most Phantom owners are looking for.

7) Finally, with the P4 having at top speed of 55mph, a sport mode! You can teach the basics of FPV drone racing, just a taste of it anyway, because the P4 is a bit too large for true FPV racing. People who have already graduated from a level of the basics (or can prove to you that they are not beginners) can sign up to get a test of FPV racing. Where you can have a track set up, and possibly a couple of FatSharks for them to use when training.

This is all I have in my mind at the moment! If I can think of anymore I'll edit and add on numerically!

Last edited:
I'd like to see how to take the Phantom 4's auto exposure bracketed photos 3 (or 5) and layer the light levels together in a stunning High Dynamic Range photo with Photomatix/Photoshop like so:

hdr_example.jpg

I would love to see an interactive training guide. Think of a video game and they have you do the task practicing first before you go to the real thing. Showing what do do when signal lost would be a good tutorial too. It can be extremely nerve racking if you lose signal and just feel helpless with a $1k piece of machinery in the sky. I would also like to see proper flying etiquette so we don't get such a bad name in the drone world.

Thats a great idea! and a very unselfishness thing to do

I think you need to make your training video as fun as possible without loosing sight of how this is not a toy and the dangers evolved. I have watched or read dozen's of reviews and training video's. What I don't think is pushed enough are some of the rules and some of the "Don't Be Stupid" things not to do. Go luck with your program and best of luck to everyone here including myself

As a newcomer (4 full flights so far), the two topics I'd jump at are: Flight manoeuvre training, then post processing video.

I am looking for a guide for noobs like me that want to learn to fly and shoot like pros. The kind of guide that looks things from a different point of view.
Noobs like me do not know how to fly properly , shoot video or take good photos, not to mention edit things to make them look anything but total bs.
And I am not talking holding our hand, just straight to the point with enough background info that we are not like , wow thats some weird woodoo ****, I cant do that.

You could focus in 1 area in 1 video so that you could get a small series of helpfull videos for us to learn from and master our skills with them.

I have three of things that I think would be most useful from my perspective, which is a new guy into this hobby.

1. Getting a complete online repair manual on both the P3's and the P4.
This should include drawings, pictures, and video of how to do some of the easier repairs for the Phantom. Nothing too technical but something for the at least the lightly skilled. Most people are sending in P3's and soon the P4 for repairs that they can really do themselves with a little bit of coaching from print, picture, or video they could save a lot of money which in turn they can spend on all the goodies they want for the bird.

2. In addition to the fine job you already do with PhantomHelp, a one-stop place
for the complete Operating Manual for the P3 and P4.
This would include searchable manuals for P3's and the new P4. Maybe a video library of how-to's to go along with the manuals. Would probably help in cutting down on a lot of the new people asking the same questions and give you place to direct them to so they can learn for themselves.

3. Would be great to have some sort of R&D section on site.
A place to put together after market parts to replace the parts that DJI is not selling. We all know there are things that are out there that can replace OEM parts that are just as good if not better. Also they have crap out there. This would be the place to put what really works and what doesn't. We could easily put together a couple of people together to test certain things.

I could go on and on about this. I am sure these items are covered somewhere else in this thread, but I did not read everyone of them. Just some random thoughts

Later people,
Keep flying, and be safe.

Mike

Well first off, thanks for doing this pretty amazing giveaway!

For me, an important topic to cover would be video/photography, with descriptions of all the different camera settings/when to use them (example shots would be worthwhile to include), as well as recommendations for/using various software programs to edit videos or create panoramas from several still photos, etc (both for Windows and Mac based users ).

Another worthwhile topic to cover would be regulations concerning drones arranged by country. I have yet to find a clear easy to understand (written in plane english) guide to regulations governing drones in Canada.

In the fall when I bought a P3A, one of the things that I found as a complete newb to the Phantom (and drones in general) was that both the DJI manual/video tutorials were overly simplistic, and/or just lacking in information and oftentimes weren't very clear. I think having a highly detailed indexed (easily searchable) written guide (in form of a website) would be awesome for new and old pilots alike. If I were designing this, it’d be arranged in such a way that the guide would provide a brief overview of everything a first time pilot should know before taking their first flight (without making it too long), with options to expand upon where appropriate to show extensive additional info for the particular topic. Incorporating videos into the guide would be a great idea as well, though I personally feel a video guide on it's own is not very good, because it makes it difficult for the user to find the information he/she may be seeking.

To use a common example; the DJI manual doesn't do the best job of describing the status lights on the rear arms of the Phantom and what the different patterns mean. A section of the written guide could present each possible pattern and what it means (somewhat like in the manual) and could then be expanded to show info on what may cause each status indicator change, what action should be taken by the pilot - if any (with instructions on how to perform the action if it is not otherwise obvious). A video should also be included to show visually what each status indicator pattern actually looks like in real life.

In addition to an online version of the guide I think having a published version (not necessarily on paper), available on iBooks (and Kindle etc.) - possibly as an interactive textbook - would be ideal so that it could be saved on my iPad that I use for flying making it easy to reference on the go.

That's all I can think of for the moment. I'm sure I'll be back to edit this as more ideas come to mind. I expect most of what I've said has probably already been mentioned in some way or another, though I have not taken the time to read though the thread to check. Either way, hopefully you'll find this useful!

Last edited:
@msinger

I've always wanted to see a video guide on getting some quality outdoor video footage from a whole day with the Phantom 3 A/P demonstrating what it is capable of doing. It would show a pilot opening his case and starting the flight test procedure. Then showing both what the pilot is doing with his hands on the controller as well as the Go app screen capture. The pilot should mention some quick tips on how to get a good shot of a point of interest. Then he packs up and goes home. Then he'll show how to hook up the phantom to the computer and look at the flight log as well as uploading his video footage. The pilot will show a quick method to splice and cut the video and add music and publish to vimeo or youtube.

make the guide more of a story model instruction as if the pilot was teaching a new pilot with eagerness and ability to learn quick. Provide clickable links. Make the video funny, engaging, but short.

This might be best broken into parts
1. terminology and pre-flight testing, care and maintenance
2. flight controls, go app and getting a great shot, do's and don'ts
3. show how to upload and edit video quickly and efficiently

Thanks for reading,
Chris

Reactions: NEWBeeWithPhantom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members