Gimbol on a fc40

Reaction score
planning on putting one and go pro on. How much more drain on the battery? Will it work without input from the transmitter?

The power drain from the battery is not much, but when you start adding weight you will lose fly time. Using the 9 inch vision props will help ,you can also use a larger battery like the Multistar 4000 .
Wayne

The power drain from the battery is not much, but when you start adding weight you will lose fly time. Using the 9 inch vision props will help ,you can also use a larger battery like the Multistar 4000 .
Wayne

Hi Wayne I'm tempted to try the Walkera gimbal but I wanted to ask first what kind of an iimpact it had on your FC40. I know they sell the plastic one also so I am most interested in that one as I do not want to have another aluminum gimbal but I am curious about your thoughts on this. The pro's and con's.

thanks for the input, now to figure witch one!

After a few good crashes while attached to the FC40 ,the Walkera is still going strong. It has a new home on a F550 . The only problem I have had with the metal version is I pinched the wires on the support arm ,causing the gimbal to have the shakes. I repaired the wires and all is good. I don't think the plastic version would take the abuse I have given it. With the stock Phantom battery and Vision props I got about 9 min. With the Multistar 4000 I averaged 12 to 13.
I like the Walkera so much I am thinking about getting the G3d gimbal .

After a few good crashes while attached to the FC40 ,the Walkera is still going strong. It has a new home on a F550 . The only problem I have had with the metal version is I pinched the wires on the support arm ,causing the gimbal to have the shakes. I repaired the wires and all is good. I don't think the plastic version would take the abuse I have given it. With the stock Phantom battery and Vision props I got about 9 min. With the Multistar 4000 I averaged 12 to 13.
I like the Walkera so much I am thinking about getting the G3d gimbal .

I will make it the next priority on the upgrade list. So far the OSD and telemetry are great:)

I took this video with the Walkera 2d this past weekend
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I took this video with the Walkera 2d this past weekend

The video looks smooth as well. Just wondering what the advantage is of one over the other, and then I did some research to see, so now leaning more towards the 3D. Did you setup the pitch lever? Looks like we will need longer legs after watching this video --->

Last edited:
The video looks smooth as well. Just wondering what the advantage is of one over the other, and then I did some research to see, so now leaning more towards the 3D. Did you setup the pitch lever? Looks like we will need longer legs after watching this video --->
I have the new transmitter with built in lipo battery and tilt wheel. (I broke my original trying to add a tilt knob) I also did the yaw mod . With a switch and adjustable resistor. After watching this video I think I'm going to order the 3D ..thanks Beario...this hobby this keeps my UPS man happy.

I have the new transmitter with built in lipo battery and tilt wheel. (I broke my original trying to add a tilt knob) I also did the yaw mod . With a switch and adjustable resistor. After watching this video I think I'm going to order the 3D ..thanks Beario...this hobby this keeps my UPS man happy.

That is funny because UPS and Fedex stop here so much because I keep ordering stuff LOL:D. It is no problem you have helped me a lot actually as well with ideas like the OSD and other things, but I really think the 3D is the best option and will try to buy one soon. Maybe you can post pics once you have yours all setup.

I too am researching on which gimbal to get, after I couldn't get my GLB GL-2X to work properly.

I was really leaning towards the Walkera G-3D as it was perfect for me, but many ppl over at rcgroup forums have mentioned problems with G-3D.
Many who had gotten the G-3D preferred replacing the control board with alexmos or something(not sure sry! :eek:) to get it to work ok!

Finally, I just cant see any other option than to get either Zenmuse H3-3D or 4D (price is >double the walkera, but many say that it is plug and play and minimal messing around with gimbal settings.

Believe me, I had gone crazy trying to get my GL-2X to work. Messing with settings in NAZA Assistant, Simple BGC and nothing was working! It was hell lol!

I live for that kind of hell! I love to tinker! Think I will start with a cheap China one from Good luck buy....if it ever gets here!

These videos are for a phantom 2, but I plan to use them for reference. There is some soldering required or you can use the extra power cables in the phantom. There is another install video in English also. The mounting plate will require you to drill a hole. Also you can ignore the 3d printed parts they are selling for the phantom 2:)

German (English subtitles) ->

English ->

Walkera G-3D adjust with DJI Assistant Software -->

These videos are for a phantom 2, but I plan to use them for reference. There is some soldering required or you can use the extra power cables in the phantom. There is another install video in English also. The mounting plate will require you to drill a hole. Also you can ignore the 3d printed parts they are selling for the phantom 2:)

German (English subtitles) ->

English ->

Walkera G-3D adjust with DJI Assistant Software -->
I found a few EBay sellers for the G3 ,any luck with a store type dealer?

Reactions: Tallyrver
So far the lowest price I can find in the US is on Ebay. Ships from California it says in 2 to 3 days for $138.96

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walkera-G-3...714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e93c5fbea

This price is better than Amazon and other sellers and they do have a 30 day return policy. If I do not find anything better going to pull the trigger here.:)
I just ordered it. Same Ebay seller. I have a three day camping trip this weekend. Hope it gets here before Friday

I just ordered it. Same Ebay seller. I have a three day camping trip this weekend. Hope it gets here before Friday

Tallyrver I do have a question in regards to the SJCAM. I have had 2 of them just die on me and so I run a 2 camera setup with a separate camera for FPV. I'm just not sure why they keep dying I have no power attached to the SJCAM from the OSD, just the ground cable and the video cable. I am wondering your experiences so far and if you can show me a picture of your setup because we have the same OSD.

Last edited:
Tallyrver I do have a question in regards to the SJCAM. I have had 2 of them just die on me and so I run a 2 camera setup with a separate camera for FPV. I'm just not sure why they keep dying I have no power attached to the SJCAM from the OSD, just the ground cable and the video cable. I am wondering your experiences so far and if you can show me a picture of your setup because we have the same OSD.
i use a small video camera for the FPV ,its stuck to the right motor of the gimbal. i dont have anything connected to the SJ . i only record from it.
this is a picture of the setup when i had it on the Phantom. same now,just different bird. .i like the small cam on the gimbal because i can see what im looking at when recording.it moves when the SJ moves. i also use a neutral density filter most of the time. its for a GoPro but i wrapped a little tape around the lens to make it fit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic