Gimbol on a fc40

i use a small video camera for the FPV ,its stuck to the right motor of the gimbal. i dont have anything connected to the SJ . i only record from it.
this is a picture of the setup when i had it on the Phantom. same now,just different bird. .i like the small cam on the gimbal because i can see what im looking at when recording.it moves when the SJ moves.

Thanks this will work just awesome! just wondering if you can let me know what camera that is and where I can buy one. I have a hefty camera attached for FPV right now and was thinking there is no way it can go on the gimbal.

Thanks this will work just awesome! just wondering if you can let me know what camera that is and where I can buy one. I have a hefty camera attached for FPV right now and was thinking there is no way it can go on the gimbal.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=64499
I got it on Hobby King, $28.00 . Doesn't weigh much. I attached it to the gimbal motor so it doesn't affect he balance. And it's 12 volts,works with the Phantom . I use a 12 v BEC on the F550 with 6s battery's

Wayne

Last edited:
Reactions: IflyinWY
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=64499
I got it on Hobby King, $28.00 . Doesn't weigh much. I attached it to the gimbal motor so it doesn't affect he balance. And it's 12 volts,works with the Phantom . I use a 12 v BEC on the F550 with 6s battery's

Wayne

Waiting on more parts from UPS:) Having some OSD trouble though as I do not get a display anymore after changing the layout and now I get an error saying "failed to talk to bootloader" Research shows it may need to be reflashed, but considering swapping it out for the N1 OSD. I wish the N1 were in English because it is by far the easiest to configure. Either way there will be something new to learn here as I am sure others will eventually have this issue.

No new gimbal today, I was hoping it would be here today . I'm going camping in the morning. But the G2 still works great! with luck the new G3d will be waiting in the mailbox when I get back.

No new gimbal today, I was hoping it would be here today . I'm going camping in the morning. But the G2 still works great! with luck the new G3d will be waiting in the mailbox when I get back.

YOu should have it today. Unfortunately for me, since the wife is the photographer and requires more the G3 will be for her. I will have to go with the G2 for myself unless I wait a bit.

It's Still in California , the tracking Info says it will be here Monday

Well my G3d came in,:D . I did a quick power up with it. I will need to set the tilt and roll gain adjustments. Time to dig up some videos and learn.:)

Reactions: Djman
Well my G3d came in,:D . I did a quick power up with it. I will need to set the tilt and roll gain adjustments. Time to dig up some videos and learn.:)

I'm looking into buying a gimbal for my FC40. What camera are you using? How long was installation? How complicated?

Got mine yesterday! Works fine but heavy. one more wire to attach..looks like I have a 1 in 4 chance for the pitch control. Any help?

Attachments

• 20150617_123142.jpg
    20150617_123142.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 454
  • 20150617_123604.jpg
    20150617_123604.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 340
That looks great! 25% is not great odds. That's good to know. Did you buy a walkera g3d? Are you using a hero3 or hero4? I'm looking to purchase a 3 axis gimbal for my FC40 but can't seem to find one that is compatible. It looks like you had to modify the GCU or drone or both?
Do you have any plans or write-up?

Got mine yesterday! Works fine but heavy. one more wire to attach..looks like I have a 1 in 4 chance for the pitch control. Any help?
Any chance of the bent pins having little tiny labels.

It looks very similar to my Cheap Chinese gimbal layout.

The second pic isn't clear enough for me to see any markings identifying the bent pins.

Any chance of the bent pins having little tiny labels.

It looks very similar to my Cheap Chinese gimbal layout.

The second pic isn't clear enough for me to see any markings identifying the bent pins.
It is a cheapy from good luck buy. I think its top left but not willing to bet I'll use it as for now

That looks great! 25% is not great odds. That's good to know. Did you buy a walkera g3d? Are you using a hero3 or hero4? I'm looking to purchase a 3 axis gimbal for my FC40 but can't seem to find one that is compatible. It looks like you had to modify the GCU or drone or both?
Do you have any plans or write-up?
the camera is a 3+ 2axis china

Mine is top right.
How about a link to the gimbal you purchased?

Mine is top right.
How about a link to the gimbal you purchased?
I did a hail mary and went top left..bingo! works like a charm! its a good luck buy part 98390 $49.00 Dalla. Just flew it. flies really heavy 1183 gr ready to fly

Reactions: IflyinWY
I did a hail mary and went top left..bingo! works like a charm! its a good luck buy part 98390 $49.00 Dalla. Just flew it. flies really heavy 1183 gr ready to fly

I LIKE it when we get a winner. Happy flying

Now lets see some video... :D

Attachments

• Gimbal.jpg
    Gimbal.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 441
Reactions: Djman
Nice work! You are using a hero3+ with a 2 axis gimbal correct? I'd be interested in seeing how the footage looks. How did you modify your controller?
Yeah I bought a used 3+ and a $50 dollar 2 axis gimbal from good luck buy stk 98390. no mods really...pitch arm kit from amazon. dicey part for me was opening the bird up and soldering the acc power cord! hard part is figuring out where to plug the pitch cable in the gimbal. Oh yeah turn the gimbal on in the assistant. One I do not like about the go pro ap is the dang lag time. Twice as slow as the stock FC40

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie