Gimbol on a fc40

I'm looking into buying a gimbal for my FC40. What camera are you using? How long was installation? How complicated?
I use a SJ4000 camera. I started with a Walkera G2 on my Phantom FC40. It's only about 120 grams and really stable . Easy install

Not to my knowledge. I upload to UTube and then link to it in my post.
Quick question...can I rotate the board for the gimbal? The position its in now makes it awkward to open the battery door

Quick question...can I rotate the board for the gimbal? The position its in now makes it awkward to open the battery door

I don't see why not. I believe all the sensors are on the bottom of the camera holder... be careful not to damage those.

My gimbal and battery door didn't get along either. I took the door off and now use wire to hold the battery in. The door wouldn't work with the MultiStar 4000 anyway, it's too long.

Reactions: sherpa
Thanks, I'm looking for a right angle plug also, no joy so far

Is your top plate mounted as far aft as it can possibly go?

Couple suggestions for you...
Check inside the battery compartment to make sure your screws can not damage your battery.

Be prepared for your Phantom to tilt forward due to the extra weight. Don't dilly dally on takeoff. Make it go UP before it has a chance to tip. Or, be prepared to give it some reverse to compensate.

Try to keep the little wires from getting tangled, they will cause the gimbal to jitter if they bind.

I know on my G2D walkera I had to reverse the top plate so the gimbal would sit farther back. That helped the balance and the battery door opens all the way. I slide the gimbal assembly on from the back.

Is your top plate mounted as far aft as it can possibly go?

Couple suggestions for you...
Check inside the battery compartment to make sure your screws can not damage your battery.

Be prepared for your Phantom to tilt forward due to the extra weight. Don't dilly dally on takeoff. Make it go UP before it has a chance to tip. Or, be prepared to give it some reverse to compensate.

Try to keep the little wires from getting tangled, they will cause the gimbal to jitter if they bind.

Gimbal works great! Really need extended legs though. Takes off straight up!! better than with the fc40 camera, don't need extended skids anymore. Thanks for all your help!

Sometimes I cart my bird around in a Cornerstone Multi-Purpose Tote, 68.1 Liters. Space isn't much of a concern for me so it works well. I've got some foam inside to support the arms and I can leave the props on. I've taken a 1/4" piece of packing foam which came with a LED floodlight and cut a hole in it.
See the pic. I always take off from the foam because it gives the gimbal freedom to move, and I haven't added any weight to my bird.

Sometimes I leave the tote and put the foam in my 10" x 6.5" x 16" fabric bag with a shoulder strap. Everything fits inside that too, without props attached.

The tote setup works great and gives me a little table to work on while changing batteries.
It also keeps all my stuff out of the mud. :D
Takeoff pad.jpg

I have the walkera gimbal its good enough but with gopro hero 4 am getting
6 minutes with 2200mah battery so am running about with 12 of them lol

YOu should have it today. Unfortunately for me, since the wife is the photographer and requires more the G3 will be for her. I will have to go with the G2 for myself unless I wait a bit.
I installed the new G3d Walkera on my F550 today. I've been watching a few YouTube videos on setting the balance etc. I have the tilt and roll set. I'm having a little shaking with the yah when I turn left or right. I need to figure the gain settings out.
Did a quick test flight today.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I installed the new G3d Walkera on my F550 today. I've been watching a few YouTube videos on setting the balance etc. I have the tilt and roll set. I'm having a little shaking with the yah when I turn left or right. I need to figure the gain settings out.
Did a quick test flight today.

Looks really smooth:). I am still looking up videos for the install and configuration. I'll post any if they are useful for the settings.

Looks really smooth:). I am still looking up videos for the install and configuration. I'll post any if they are useful for the settings.

I will be watching closely for what you come up with Beario. I'm finding it VERY difficult to find a yaw speed and technique which works really well, and smooth.

Look how well my new gimbal works! horizon good! VRS Baaaad!

Attachments

• VRS crash.jpg
    VRS crash.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 328
Look how well my new gimbal works! horizon good! VRS Baaaad!

What gimbal is that? I've seen mostly good reviews for a lot of them. Even the heavy cheap Chinese gimbals had mostly good reviews. There are so many "how to" videos also. I think the major concerns I have noticed are failures from components. Very curious as to which one you had.

its a goodluckbuy #98390 It survived that crash no prob Any questions I can help set this one. I'm no expert but I have diagrams. you only need one wire for the pitch. It also came with the Velcro strap and xtra bolts and nuts and wires which I thought was good of them

Attachments

• Gimbal.jpg
    Gimbal.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 376
I had a good day of testing and setting up the new Walkera D3D gimbal.
The first thing I had to do was put the tilt ,roll and yaw gains in the neutral position in the Pam program. That balances your camera .
I did a test flight and was not happy with it. The yaw was jerking around when I made a turn . I reset the yaw again , it was much better.
My next issue was when I moved forward or backward the gimbal moved up or down ,like I was moving the tilt wheel.
Again I searched and found a post about the Naza gimbal settings. I went into the Naza assistant and set the auto level to 0.
That fixed it. I'm still playing with the gains in the Pam program.

its a goodluckbuy #98390 It survived that crash no prob Any questions I can help set this one. I'm no expert but I have diagrams. you only need one wire for the pitch. It also came with the Velcro strap and xtra bolts and nuts and wires which I thought was good of them

Looks good in the pics and you did not have to modify your landing gear!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic