Gimble going crazy

Reaction score
I have a DJI Phantom 2 with software version 1.08. I have the Zenmuse H3-3D. I have the DJI IOSD mini, and immersion 600MW video transformer. Everything is wired properly as I bought the wiring kit and no soldering plus it worked perfect before. Everything was fine with this firmware version previously. When I power the phantom on with or without the go pro hero 4 black the gamble comes to life. Then it is like it powers off and on. It makes noise, shakes, stutters, loses a little center, goes to center over and over. If I move the x lever on the rear of the controller it goes down but it waits for the "on cycle" This happens about every 2-3 seconds over and over. It does it whether the phantom is on the ground or in the air. The motors on the Zenmuse get pretty warm pretty fast. I recalibrate the compass and the ICU. I checked all of the internal cable connections on the phantom. I have not taken apart the gamble. She flies perfect. I don't know if the video works or not because I need a new receiver(could a bad tx cause this, power issue maybe?). I have had this problem for a long time and I haven't touched it in over a year so I am quite rusty on working on it. Now I want to get her going again for some fpv. I don't remember an event that started the issue. It has had a couple of crashes. I have no Idea what to do. Please let me know what you think.

I have a DJI Phantom 2 with software version 1.08. I have the Zenmuse H3-3D. I have the DJI IOSD mini, and immersion 600MW video transformer. Everything is wired properly as I bought the wiring kit and no soldering plus it worked perfect before. Everything was fine with this firmware version previously. When I power the phantom on with or without the go pro hero 4 black the gamble comes to life. Then it is like it powers off and on. It makes noise, shakes, stutters, loses a little center, goes to center over and over. If I move the x lever on the rear of the controller it goes down but it waits for the "on cycle" This happens about every 2-3 seconds over and over. It does it whether the phantom is on the ground or in the air. The motors on the Zenmuse get pretty warm pretty fast. I recalibrate the compass and the ICU. I checked all of the internal cable connections on the phantom. I have not taken apart the gamble. She flies perfect. I don't know if the video works or not because I need a new receiver(could a bad tx cause this, power issue maybe?). I have had this problem for a long time and I haven't touched it in over a year so I am quite rusty on working on it. Now I want to get her going again for some fpv. I don't remember an event that started the issue. It has had a couple of crashes. I have no Idea what to do. Please let me know what you think.

If that is indeed a new P2 is shouldn't have v1.08 software nor come with H3-3D gimbal either. None of the FPV equipment has anything to do with the gimbal not being recognized on the upgrades page. One I would like to see a screenshot of the upgrade page if you would. Next, I would like a screenshot of the front page when you first plug in the P2 to if it like the following photo.
P2 Firmware.png

Have you registered with DJI? There are things we can do but first steps first let's see what needs to be done.

Sorry I made a mistake as you have a used P2

Yes I have had it since it came out but it has been collecting dust for a while. I am registered with DJI and logged into the assistant.
3.png
2.png

Yes I have had it since it came out but it has been collecting dust for a while. I am registered with DJI and logged into the assistant.
View attachment 85361 View attachment 85362

Since are logged into DJI you will have to upgrade your software in order to gain access to the gimbals software. There are two upgrades on the DJI site software version 3.8 and 3.6. Personally, I stopped at v3.6 and have no interest what so ever in v3.8 or the NFZ in DC or Japan.

Try logging into DJI site and see if it will the latest upgrades and you do not have to update the P2 assistant software if you want is the software for the gimbal. I did the same thing when I installed a new H3-3D and of course, after logging in I received the latest upgrades but only used the gimbal upgrade. There are some changes in the newer P2 assistant soft in regards to the gimbal and the gain settings due to the extra weight of the gimbal and camera. But of course, that's your decision to make.

OK now its the same except for the gimble is like a limp noodle, no more movement haha

OK now its the same except for the gimble is like a limp noodle, no more movement haha

You're not giving me any information in which to help you. Did you do the reset?

You're not giving me any information in which to help you. Did you do the reset?

If you're on a Mac computer can you see the reply button in the bottom right corner if so would you please use it when replying.

If you're on a Mac computer can you see the reply button in the bottom right corner if so would you please use it when replying.
Sorry, yes I did the reset. After doing the reset i still get the same error as before. It will not take the firmware.

Sorry, yes I did the reset. After doing the reset i still get the same error as before. It will not take the firmware.

The only other thing you might try is to upgrade the P2's software to v3.8 which is the last updated firmware then see if you can update the gimbals software. If you do not what the DC or Japan NFZ then try to update it to v3.6.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl