Gimbal won't tilt on P4pro + v2

Reaction score
A forum search didn't help. Perhaps someone here can. Have had my P4pro + v2 for a few days now and all went well for the first half dozen short flight. Tried to fly today and found that the gimbal will not tilt up or down at all. Everything else seems fine. Even did a short test flight. But no gimbal tilt. I worked fine yesterday and am alway careful to pack it up. Haven't dropped it or the case or even bumped it.

I tried some things I found on Google to no avail like recalibrating the wheel and sticks. Even did a factory reset and it did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions before I send it back?

Thanks

No easy way to ask this without sounding like an ***, but I’m wondering if you removed the gimbal guard before you powered the aircraft? You wouldn’t be the first to overlook such an obvious preflight step. It’s my understanding that P4 series will lock out gimbal input if overload is detected on startup.

That’s really the only obvious thing I can think of for a brand new AC to fail in this manner, aside from some internal hardware failure.

No easy way to ask this without sounding like an ***, but I’m wondering if you removed the gimbal guard before you powered the aircraft? You wouldn’t be the first to overlook such an obvious preflight step. It’s my understanding that P4 series will lock out gimbal input if overload is detected on startup.

That’s really the only obvious thing I can think of for a brand new AC to fail in this manner, aside from some internal hardware failure.

Yes the guard was removed. Could anything else lock out gimbal input? How does one check to be sure it is unlocked?
Thanks,

A forum search didn't help. Perhaps someone here can. Have had my P4pro + v2 for a few days now and all went well for the first half dozen short flight. Tried to fly today and found that the gimbal will not tilt up or down at all. Everything else seems fine. Even did a short test flight. But no gimbal tilt. I worked fine yesterday and am alway careful to pack it up. Haven't dropped it or the case or even bumped it.

I tried some things I found on Google to no avail like recalibrating the wheel and sticks. Even did a factory reset and it did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions before I send it back?

Thanks

Rather than mess around trying to fix this I asked for a replacement from this Amazon vendor. They suggest I first call them to try to fix the problem. After 20 minutes of trying this and that they decided to replace the unit. Within 15 minutes of the end of our conversation a prepaid FedEX shipping label was in my inbox and the drone is packed up and on its way.

Moral of the story is buy from someone like Amazon who really does have a great support team.............................

Did you try to recalibrate the gimbal? I have had some occasions where the gimbal is unresponsive, but a recalibration of the gimbal has alway sorted it out. Just a thought.

Just out of curiosity was you using litchi? That Happened to me the other week. First ever time that happened. I turned the battery off and on again and all is well

Did you try to recalibrate the gimbal? I have had some occasions where the gimbal is unresponsive, but a recalibration of the gimbal has alway sorted it out. Just a thought.
Yes the fellow on the phone went through the gimbal recalibration process with me on the phone. Didn't work. No on the litchi.

Rather than mess around trying to fix this I asked for a replacement from this Amazon vendor. They suggest I first call them to try to fix the problem. After 20 minutes of trying this and that they decided to replace the unit. Within 15 minutes of the end of our conversation a prepaid FedEX shipping label was in my inbox and the drone is packed up and on its way.

Moral of the story is buy from someone like Amazon who really does have a great support team.............................
Would not trust dji because you will get a refurbished drone, I found place here where I live and have verified dji tech 24 hour turn around, fixed my brand new phantom, was cleaning and barely bumped counter and fractured sensor

A7366808-9D48-4B55-B237-9C52627C9280.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers