Gimbal Sounds

Reaction score
While the phantom is turned on, but idle, should the gimbal H3-3D be making ANY sound whatsoever? My gimbal makes a slight humming sound. I can't tell if the gimbal is fighting to stay balanced, or this is normal.

I crashed my phantom a few weeks ago, but I put everything back together, and it's working fine. I don't know whether the gimbal humming is normal, or it's a consequence of the crash. No other issues.

Thanks!

Was the bracket installed?

My gimbal does that when I turn it on without the bracket when it's at a straight 90-degrees forward. It seems to stop when I tilt the gimbal a degree down and onwards but it's perfectly fine with the bracket on. As far as I know, these gimbals are very sensitive and the littlest change can potentially throw it off.

Yes, both brackets are attached. One of the brackets is very slightly bent, but it doesn't seem bent enough to throw anything off.

Mine also makes sounds when facing in the far up 90 degree. I also found when flying full speed in that full up would cause gimbal to do what appears to be a reboot. It would snap left in flight and then re center periodically.

Changed gimbal settings down 5 degrees in phantom assistant software. ALL FIXED. Plus less chance of blades in shots.

Damon said:
Mine also makes sounds when facing in the far up 90 degree. I also found when flying full speed in that full up would cause gimbal to do what appears to be a reboot. It would snap left in flight and then re center periodically.

Changed gimbal settings down 5 degrees in phantom assistant software. ALL FIXED. Plus less chance of blades in shots.

not sure about the OP, but may I suggest you and UrAwful check out an old post of mine and watch the youtube videos - it could be a simple balancing issue which seems to be pretty common with the H3-3D. The behavior you describe is exactly what was happening to me but a little worse (I couldn't point up past about 20 deg) and I fixed it simply by determining how my gimbal was out of balance and adding a teensy bit of counterweight with gaffer tape.

everything I described above is much clearer in the videos
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21345

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers