Gimbal shake

Reaction score
some help out here, i recently crashed p3s. I broke the camera arm, tore the camera ribbon. I replaced all the parts and after putting it back together and flying it it now has this shake in the camera. Could anyone help me out on this please

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I have the same problem so I'm interested in this tread. I was thinking maybe if the gimbal motors are replaced then it could fix it but the motors are rather difficult to find online.

I
Did you crqsh yours as well?
I did unfortunately, bird just fell out of the sky when I was flying it in the park. Didn't see if it hit a bird so I don't have a clue how it happened. I fixed it up and now the gimbal starts vibrating.

What all things have you check thus far so i can help you rule out some things.

Private messege me if you can or will, that way we can exchange some info to make it easier and faster to communicate.

Any progress on this one, I am in the same boat, seems to be a common issue after a crash. Everything looks good but video shakes.

Any progress on this one, I am in the same boat, seems to be a common issue after a crash. Everything looks good but video shakes.
Make sure all the arms aren't bent. You might also want to open up the covers so you can see the back of the motor arms and check to see if they're still correctly aligned with the camera.

Anyone been able to fix this yet? I've come across the exact same issue. No crash, but gimbal vibrates when in the air. I've got no loose screws and everything looks in great condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How many grommets are you using on the gimbal Assy. It's recommended to only use 2. The vibration seems to have a definite pulse pattern to it,almost like it coincides an internal function of the phantom's.

At this point I disassembled and reassembled gimball/camera several times and checked for everything. Everything looks like new with not a scratch on it. Cable is perfect, all gimbal motors appear fine, nothing is bent. I checked the camera alignment and it is perfect as well. Yaw screw is nice and tight and aligned correctly. I also opened up the body and verified that there are no cracks or anything wrong with it visually either. All prop motors work nice and smooth. Tried new set of props and balanced them as well. Tried using loose zip ties instead of pins on the gimbal. Nothing helps, same periodic jello/vibration in the video. At this point I am leaning towards some electrical issue... not mechanical... since I can't think of anything else. About to give up on this thing which is too bad since other then that video shake it is flawless with awesome range (upgraded controller and bird view antennas).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31