Gimbal problem and question

Reaction score
I have inherited a Vision 2+ after a serious crash started the camera going nuts. I have tried the D shaft alignment, I have checked the hex nut on the yaw arm, it still shifts around like crazy. My suspicion is a problem with the motor that is attached directly to the camera, but I have been unable to get into it (I've pulled off every screw and even taken out the camera board lulz). The other option (I think. I do electronics repair but I'm a total newb to drones) is a busted board somewhere. The ribbon cables look just fine. Any further thoughts?

My question, beyond that, is: Is it possible to replace the assembly entirely with a ZenMuse or similar? I would rather have a cheaper gimbal, in case of further crashes, and a GoPro that I can actually use elsewhere. Gonna be honest, I wouldn't have ever bought a drone where the camera is integrated to the gimbal, that is just so clearly setting up for an exceptionally expensive replacement.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I have inherited a Vision 2+ after a serious crash started the camera going nuts. I have tried the D shaft alignment, I have checked the hex nut on the yaw arm, it still shifts around like crazy. My suspicion is a problem with the motor that is attached directly to the camera, but I have been unable to get into it (I've pulled off every screw and even taken out the camera board lulz). The other option (I think. I do electronics repair but I'm a total newb to drones) is a busted board somewhere. The ribbon cables look just fine. Any further thoughts?

My question, beyond that, is: Is it possible to replace the assembly entirely with a ZenMuse or similar? I would rather have a cheaper gimbal, in case of further crashes, and a GoPro that I can actually use elsewhere. Gonna be honest, I wouldn't have ever bought a drone where the camera is integrated to the gimbal, that is just so clearly setting up for an exceptionally expensive replacement.

Thanks!
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/zenmuse-h3-3d-on-vision.47356/

Reaction score
There are used camera available on eBay, a little pricey but available.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeannot44