Gimbal pointed to the side after crash

Reaction score
I finally crashed my Phantom 3 Standard. It collided with a vehicle in gusty winds on landing. It fell about four feet and thrashed around on the ground for a few moments until I got the motors shut off. After the crash the gimbal was buzzing and I was getting video with the jello effect. I adjusted and tightened the set screw on the yaw axis shaft and the buzzing went away and the gimbal now seems to act normally. However, the gimbal no longer points straight ahead, even after doing a calibration. When doing a calibration, it seems to yaw more to one side than the other. It used to point straight on power up and then slew to the side but now it points to the side right after the gimbal start sequence is complete. I've checked the yaw shaft set screw and its alignment appears to be correct.

There is no adjustment for gimbal yaw so I'm pretty much stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Wow, nobody responded?

Well welcome to the Forum! :rolleyes:

Still stuck? Post a couple of pictures, we get some thing started. ;)

Rod

Got a link?, I haven't found it, I know how to do it, but is that his problem?

@OpenTrackRacer,
Your turn.

Rod

My gimbal is misaligned in yaw. I finally had a chance to take some videos...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you resolved this as of yet? My P3A has the same issue, pointed a little to the side.

It’s pretty straight and I appreciate you trying to help Rod
IMG_3765.jpg

Thanks for the link but my gimbal arm is straight too. I only have a deviation in yaw. Everything else is spot on.

Thanks for the link but my gimbal arm is straight too. I only have a deviation in yaw. Everything else is spot on.
The same adjustment can be made to the yaw motor as in the YouTube video above. You have to remove the gimbal to do this adjustment though.

I've already adjusted the yaw arm so the set screw is against the flat of the motor shaft and the shaft is properly aligned. Are you saying there's another place inside the gimbal (like at the encoder for the yaw arm) where it's possible to make another adjustment?

The same adjustment can be made to the yaw motor as in the YouTube video above. You have to remove the gimbal to do this adjustment though.

I've already adjusted the yaw arm so the set screw is against the flat of the motor shaft and the shaft is properly aligned. Are you saying there's another place inside the gimbal (like at the encoder for the yaw arm) where it's possible to make another adjustment?
No the yaw arm set screw was the adjustment I was speaking of.

Does anyone know if an older firmware had a gimbal yaw adjustment in app or such

Crap. That's what I thought. So, any other suggestions? I really can't figure out why it's pointing to the side if the shaft is properly aligned and I've done a calibration. It makes no sense.

I have zero first hand knowledge of this issue, but could swear that I had seen threads here before, saying that the yaw motor shaft up above the gimbal could be adjusted the same way that the roll motor (for a tilted horizon) can be adjusted.

Reactions: RodPad
Yes, same-o for me, there was one that the camera / etc was put back together and every thing was fine. I think camera was just upside down. I know its not the same, but it was like the potentiometer needed to be realigned.

I actually posted on that thread, but haven't had enough time to find it.

Rod

You can rotate the yaw motor arm away from the flat spot and tighten the grub screw.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic