Gimbal Pitch Not Working

Reaction score
I have a weird one. I flew my P3P last Sunday with no issues. Put everything away as usual.
Took everything out this afternoon to fly, setup with DJI Go, launched, went up to around 100 feet and started checking the horizon, exposure, etc. When I went to adjust the gimbal pitch I get nothing. I have the C1 button set to pitch down and forward so I hit it and it works fine but the manual control is dead.
I bring it back in, land with no issues and take it back to the house to check out. I do an RC calibration and all the controls respond during calibration including the gimbal pitch. When I connect back to the AC the gimbal pitch does not work. I tried re-calibrating the gimbal, the IMU, the RC, with no luck. It's like the gimbal pitch wheel is turned of. If the wheel was defective, why does it respond during calibration? I have never crashed the AC or damaged the gimbal in any way. Any suggestions?

Make sure the gimbal pitch speed is not set to 0 or a very low value.

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Pitch-Speed.jpg

It's not. I tried different speeds and you can hear the gimbal respond when I change it but the wheel gets no response.

Got a screenshot of your gimbal settings (like my screenshot above)?

I went ahead and linked the RC from my P3A and it works fine. I don't know what happened to the other RC but I will do some more checking tomorrow.
I appreciate the help and I will let you know if I figure it out. Thanks !!

I had this the other week so I delete the DJI GO App and re-installed it and it worked - worth a go don't you think?

Got a screenshot of your gimbal settings (like my screenshot above)?
I would like to thank you and all the other regular contributors for you help on this forum I've learnt a lot from you which has given me a vast amount of knowledge and others.

Reactions: msinger
I have a weird one. I flew my P3P last Sunday with no issues. Put everything away as usual.
Took everything out this afternoon to fly, setup with DJI Go, launched, went up to around 100 feet and started checking the horizon, exposure, etc. When I went to adjust the gimbal pitch I get nothing. I have the C1 button set to pitch down and forward so I hit it and it works fine but the manual control is dead.
I bring it back in, land with no issues and take it back to the house to check out. I do an RC calibration and all the controls respond during calibration including the gimbal pitch. When I connect back to the AC the gimbal pitch does not work. I tried re-calibrating the gimbal, the IMU, the RC, with no luck. It's like the gimbal pitch wheel is turned of. If the wheel was defective, why does it respond during calibration? I have never crashed the AC or damaged the gimbal in any way. Any suggestions?

I had this fault you describe, I have now managed to fix the issue. The issue seemed to manifest after using Litchi waypoints. The pitch control worked on the iPad software in the `DJi Go app' using the blue circle but would never respond to the control wheel movement. I tried all of the above that you posted., I was able to link another RC to the my P3P which when connected worked perfectly, so I knew had to be the RC. I downgraded the RC firmware to Ver 1.6 using the controller to do that, pressing and holding the drop down menu option on the top right of the App. After downgrading in config 1 of the gimbal settings it worked great, however config 2 and 3 did not, the reason for this was the pitch smoothness was set to 30 on config 2 and 3, when I moved them down to 15, they both worked. Hope this helps someone, reply to the thread for anymore info if I can.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl