Gimbal Motor Overloaded intermittent error since 1.2.0

Interesting. I've been getting this as of today on my Galaxy tab 4. Even after a cold, level IMU cal & gimbal cal. It happened when the bird was over 100 ft but not at 5-50 ft......weird.

If I delete the app, will I lose all my flight logs?

Has anyone else resolved this issue by deleted the app and reinstalling?

**Edit**

You can Synchronize your flight logs before deleting the app and then download them after reinstalling.

Here's to hoping this fixes the issue.

Last edited:
Deleting and reinstalling fixed the issue for me. Sadly, I didn't think to sync beforehand, so I lost 4 flight logs.

Deleting and reinstalling fixed the issue for me. Sadly, I didn't think to sync beforehand, so I lost 4 flight logs.

I'm so glad my experience helped your situation. Which particular logs did you lose? As in from which location? I'm positive I could also help you recover the flights you lost.

-Frank

I'm so glad my experience helped your situation. Which particular logs did you lose? As in from which location? I'm positive I could also help you recover the flights you lost.

-Frank
I flew 4 flights in the park yesterday, conditioning some batteries. I would imagine when I deleted the app, they went with it.

I'm having the same issue when I land in tall grass touching the camera. Goes away as soon as I move it to pavement and nothing is touching the camera. Probably to protect the gimbal motors

Reactions: J0ck0
DJI had me remove the app and reinstall it.

On my P3P (v1.2.6 + Android DJI Pilot v1.20 + standard DJI UV filter) I did:

1. Uninstall DJI Pilot v1.20
2. Install DJI Pilot v1.20 and did the flight without gimbal cal. Still gimbal motor overloaded warning.
3. Did fresh gimbal calibration and on next flights no warning any more.

Thanks!

Can I check with you guys, when you have this error, are you still able to move your gimbal via the remote controller wheel ? when u land on the ground and power off the P3, can the gimbal move freely ?
When I have this error, my gimbal will be stuck, I won't be able to move up and down via the remote controller and the gimbal wont be able to move freely as well when it is power down. I just wondering does you have the same issue as me

Can I check with you guys, when you have this error, are you still able to move your gimbal via the remote controller wheel ? when u land on the ground and power off the P3, can the gimbal move freely ?
When I have this error, my gimbal will be stuck, I won't be able to move up and down via the remote controller and the gimbal wont be able to move freely as well when it is power down. I just wondering does you have the same issue as me
mine did that also,( no movement with the gimbal wheel) I could press the up -down gimbal switch and that worked ,while down (after pressing the switch I could use the wheel to bring it up,but it the wheel still would not take it down.The wheel does seem to be working now.

My camera was also getting stuck after about 5 minutes. The motor would get hot and make a buzzing sound. After letting it cool down, it would come back but then start all over again. I've since had it replaced. I don't know if this is the same issue.

Only appeared today for me as well. It's been flawless for three weeks. I'm using an IPad 2. I did do an IMU calibration before flying today and everything went fine. Something in this new app version is causing this. Of course DJI was no help at all. Have to call my dealer on Monday I guess unless someone smarter than me figures this out. Safe to fly with this warning?
Just got off the phone with DJI and was told they are aware of the problem and will be providing a firmware update next week to fix the problem. It has something to do with the gimbal sensitivity settings. Said it was safe to fly as long as gimbal is performing normally. I never had a problem with the gimbal...just these warnings popping up after pilot app updated. Don't know why the pilot app caused this since they said a firmware update is coming. Don't really trust DJI on this stuff.......we'll see.

Reactions: tvckz
I flew 4 flights in the park yesterday, conditioning some batteries. I would imagine when I deleted the app, they went with it.

There is few options. 1st have you tried pulling the .txt log file from the directory on the device used when flying? Such as your phone or tablet?

2nd did you try accessing the .DAT file from the flightlog mode?

On my P3P (v1.2.6 + Android DJI Pilot v1.20 + standard DJI UV filter) I did:

1. Uninstall DJI Pilot v1.20
2. Install DJI Pilot v1.20 and did the flight without gimbal cal. Still gimbal motor overloaded warning.
3. Did fresh gimbal calibration and on next flights no warning any more.

Thanks!

That's great..congrats!

Good news there is fix for the problem. Interesting another firmware is coming next week tho, wonder what this one is going to solve.

Good to know they are fixing the issue, as for the error, my error only lasts like 1sec and goes away, so I still have full control of the gimbals movement! Let's hope the new firmware does not create more issues!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj