Gimbal mode of operation ... confused

Reaction score
Just as a background info, my new P3A came with some minor, I hope, gimbal issue right out of the box. Some more info here ... Camera Angled. | DJI Phantom Forum

My question is about FOLLOW vs FPV gimbal mode. I am not able to notice any difference in operation between these two modes. The descriptions in DJI user manual are not clear to me:

Follow Mode
The angle between gimbal’s orientation and aircraft’s nose remains constant at all times.

FPV Mode
The gimbal will synchronize with the movement of the aircraft to provide a first-person perspective flying experience.

Not sure if the gimbal on my P3A works as it should, or I just do not get it. Could someone explain how the the gimbal should behave and where the camera should point in either mode.

TIA

FPV is only really useful if using FPV glasses. Most people use Follow since it produces smoother video. Try them both and you'll easily be able to see the difference.

Did some dry runs on a table to understand the concepts better.

Had no idea that the sticks are involved in FPV mode ... was expecting the gimbal/camera movement to be linked directly to the actual craft orientation and not to be a proxy of the sticks movement.

There is more ... :) ... the Yaw Asynchronous Follow in Advanced Gimbal settings. Even more stick induced camera position adjustments in flight. Does this approch via sticks works well, really?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20