Phantom 4 pro, gimbal swings left after taking photos and photos turn out white

Reaction score
Hi all,
Like my headline says I'm having an issue with my p4p

Whenever I take an image with the camera, the gimbal turns left and literally looks at the front of the landing gear. Almost like it decided to just center itself fully left..not sure why

I set up my c3 button to switch between FPV and follow mode...and if I push it, the camera will center itself back up again the way it should be.

Also, whenever I take an image, they are coming out as blank white screens...no image at all, just white.

For a while the fpv feed was cutting out really bad and stuttering. I assume it has something to do with this.

Here's what I HAVE tried to remedy the situation

New firmware update on copter (to the latest 0600 firmware)
An imu cal
A gimbal calibration immediately after imu
Resetting camera settings
Formatting SD card

No luck.... I'm on a work site today doing some real estate and I'm literally dead in the water with this thing RN...I took probably 15 images and only ONE turned out, the rest are just blank white sheets.

Any help is appreciated and welcomed

Are images normal on your RC monitor? Check your logs - if you see “device not found” on #8 and #15, the gimbal upper control board is bricked.

As far as off-angle camera, replacing the gimbal ESC board (OEM P02205.02) usually corrects this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone_Guy
Are images normal on your RC monitor? Check your logs - if you see “device not found” on #8 and #15, the gimbal upper control board is bricked.

As far as off-angle camera, replacing the gimbal ESC board (OEM P02205.02) usually corrects this problem.

I will have to check my logs, the images on my Tablet are fine other than when it decides to cut in and out.

The weird thing is that even after I updated everything and calibrated the gimbal and whatnot, it continued to do this. So I left the field and went home to trouble shoot it...I took it up with my iPad (instead of my Android phone) and it suddenly worked fine...so I plugged my phone back in and it worked perfectly still, so I went back to my work site and it flew perfectly and gave me 0 issues.

So not sure if this is going to be an intermittent thing or if it will be over

No promises, but given the number of connections on the gimbal ribbon cable, it has strong potential for creating intermittent problems. If problem persists, replace the cable first. Easiest and cheapest shot in the dark.

Reactions: Drone_Guy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20