Gimbal lock- toast gimbal

Reaction score
So if you turn on your unit and forget the gimbal lock will it blow up something?

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Yes. It'll self detonate within 5 seconds.

Reaction score
Well i didnt blow mine as i accidently hit the battery to on as i was packing it my rucksack , it armed for a good few seconds before i could turn it off.

Reaction score
No it could pitch your gimble out of whack or bust it, beleave me lots of pilots everyonce in a while forget. Make a take off check list.... Happy flying

Reaction score
Might burn up a gimbal motor, but it shouldn't blow up unless you're too close to the fireworks.;)

Reaction score
For the first time today i forgot to take up gimbal lock, came up with error on app. (opps).

turned it off removed and back on no problems.

Reaction score
I had left the lock on once for a minute or two before I noticed/thought about it. I was indoors setting some preferences in the Pilot app. When I took the clamp off the camera went limp, sad. Cycled power and it came back to life, woohoo! Swore to not do that in the future but...

Reaction score
I had left the lock on once for a minute or two before I noticed/thought about it. I was indoors setting some preferences in the Pilot app. When I took the clamp off the camera went limp, sad. Cycled power and it came back to life, woohoo! Swore to not do that in the future but...
Once I received my GPC case I never use the stock protector.
Becuase with the GPC case the camera rests on an egg crate pillow of foam.

Reaction score
have you got a pic of inside of case where it rests ?
does it support it in sideways motion as well. ?

I have a case but may try to create something to support camera.

Reaction score
I did it twice ..... for maybe 10-15 seconds each time. I made a checklist, which I follow no matter what I'm doing.

Reaction score
The dance it does when it first turns on is to check that the gimble is not restricted, I believe. I think they've thought of this problem and built in failsafes. I left mine on when I started it up once, as I was in a hurry and I hadn't made a checklist by then. My gimble has been fine ever since.

Reaction score
I actually flew for 10 minutes with it on like a idiot. It didn't damage anything but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UAmetry