Gimbal lock- toast gimbal

Reaction score
So if you turn on your unit and forget the gimbal lock will it blow up something?

Yes. It'll self detonate within 5 seconds.

Well i didnt blow mine as i accidently hit the battery to on as i was packing it my rucksack , it armed for a good few seconds before i could turn it off.

No it could pitch your gimble out of whack or bust it, beleave me lots of pilots everyonce in a while forget. Make a take off check list.... Happy flying

Might burn up a gimbal motor, but it shouldn't blow up unless you're too close to the fireworks.;)

For the first time today i forgot to take up gimbal lock, came up with error on app. (opps).

turned it off removed and back on no problems.

I had left the lock on once for a minute or two before I noticed/thought about it. I was indoors setting some preferences in the Pilot app. When I took the clamp off the camera went limp, sad. Cycled power and it came back to life, woohoo! Swore to not do that in the future but...

I had left the lock on once for a minute or two before I noticed/thought about it. I was indoors setting some preferences in the Pilot app. When I took the clamp off the camera went limp, sad. Cycled power and it came back to life, woohoo! Swore to not do that in the future but...

Once I received my GPC case I never use the stock protector.
Becuase with the GPC case the camera rests on an egg crate pillow of foam.

have you got a pic of inside of case where it rests ?
does it support it in sideways motion as well. ?

I have a case but may try to create something to support camera.

I did it twice ..... for maybe 10-15 seconds each time. I made a checklist, which I follow no matter what I'm doing.

The dance it does when it first turns on is to check that the gimble is not restricted, I believe. I think they've thought of this problem and built in failsafes. I left mine on when I started it up once, as I was in a hurry and I hadn't made a checklist by then. My gimble has been fine ever since.

I actually flew for 10 minutes with it on like a idiot. It didn't damage anything but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic