Gimbal guard no longer needed for V3?

Agreed. It's better to be safe than sorry.

If you're looking for a gimbal guard, you can find the most popular guards here.

Last edited:
KillerRC said:
If you can't get through on KillerRC.com you can also order a Gimbal Saver here. http://www.davesmotors.com/KillerRC-Gim ... -Plus.html

So why are these constant and blatant self-promoting posts by KillerRC allowed in this forum when we aren't allowed to discuss ilovecoffee's app here that many of us use?????? Frankly I think this seller should be banned from participating in this section because he talks about nothing but his product. He adds nothing to the subject or conversation (unlike ilovecoffee) except to steer people to his website.

Txfirecop said:
Just received the Killer RC Gimbal guard. Nice product and a 5 minute install.

Not the slightest bit interested in "I love Coffee", but KRC's Gimbal Guard is a nice piece of work.

I'm not interested in the coffee app due to the fact it won't work on my platform. I just stated I liked the gimbal guard because I'm using it.

If you have the new design where the rear gimbal motor has a steel plate embedded into the aluminum where the motor shaft connects, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A GIMBAL PROTECTOR. It would take such an incredible force to separate that connection that your entire quad would probably be destroyed. I challenge anyone to show me a V2P+ where the NEW DESIGN has separated in a crash.

Look at it this way. I have never seen a crash where the top motor, or camera roll motor have separated like the rear motor did. Now the rear motor has the same steel to steel press fit that the other two motors do. The only thing that happens in a hard crash is that the motor shaft can break, and no gimbal protector is going to stop that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20