Gimbal going crazy after flight

Reaction score
Had a flight with my P3S and everything was fine. Didn't do anything crazy, but i was hovering over my pool cover that has about a 1/4 inch of water on it. Didn't dunk it at all, but it had a few drops of water on the drone and gimbal when I landed.

I then put my second battery in for a second flight and the gimbal is going crazy and won't stop going all of the way up and down and side to side. Motors get hot and the gimbal motor overload message comes on. I've seen several messages like this on here, but not a good fix. I did check to make sure everything is aligned and all of the screws are tightened. I made sure the ribbon cable is installed correctly.

Any other ideas out there? I am supposed to take it to Colorado in 2 weeks and I am going to be pretty bummed if It's not working.

I'm thinking it's possible a drop or two of water may have gotten onto a connection? Maybe something else? I was thinking about taking the gimbal apart and putting it back together, but the last thing I want to do is make it worse.

Any help would be appreciated!

Caught a tree limb once on the 5th flight and it fell about 10 feet, but didn't damage the gimbal. This was flight #22 and everything has been working perfectly. Never had any issues. It was working fine for the last couple of minutes of flying as well. Didn't start having a problem until I powered it back up for the next flight.

I just had the same issue today with my P3S. Upon power-up, gimbal raises to level, then flops looking towards ground. It's fairly new, never been crashed. After I climbed to about 200', I left hand adjusted gimbal to level several times, but still flops back toward ground. Was able to raise it so far. Although I just purchased the Mavic Pro, I'm now wandering if drones "Made in China" isn't such a good idea.

Pull the cover off of your roll motor and make sure the shaft is aligned with the camera. Also make sure that the flat part of the shaft is pointing up.

Reactions: PolishPoet
Update: Thanks for the suggestion. I did in fact try that and it wasn't the issue. I ended up sending it back to DJI and it was fixed under warranty. They replaced the yaw motor. Hope to get it back this week.

Update: Thanks for the suggestion. I did in fact try that and it wasn't the issue. I ended up sending it back to DJI and it was fixed under warranty. They replaced the yaw motor. Hope to get it back this week.

I have a intermittent gimbal problem where when I'm flying for a second the camera / gimbal goes limp or turns to the side and all I can see is the bottom of the propeller arm.

Then it rights itself. Dji said they would fix it but how do I know they will fix it rarther than replace it?

Also I don't wanna send in my remote as it's got dbs installed.

Any advice?

Not sure what to tell you. They asked me to send back the remote as well so I did. Fortunately for me I had waited to do a mod on the remote. Have the parts on the way now. I doubt that they would replace the entire phantom if that is what you mean. On mine they said they were going to replace the yaw motor.

Good luck

I just had the same issue today with my P3S. Upon power-up, gimbal raises to level, then flops looking towards ground. It's fairly new, never been crashed. After I climbed to about 200', I left hand adjusted gimbal to level several times, but still flops back toward ground. Was able to raise it so far. Although I just purchased the Mavic Pro, I'm now wandering if drones "Made in China" isn't such a good idea.

My P3S was doing the same thing. I had two filters and a slip adapter in it at the time. It started after I bumped a tree limb and it fell about 20'. Stopped after I removed the filters.

I have a intermittent gimbal problem where when I'm flying for a second the camera / gimbal goes limp or turns to the side and all I can see is the bottom of the propeller arm.

Then it rights itself. Dji said they would fix it but how do I know they will fix it rarther than replace it?

Also I don't wanna send in my remote as it's got dbs installed.

Any advice?

If you need to send it in for warranty work, you don't need to send the controller in also. I needed warranty work done about a year ago now and my controller was modded. I didn't include the controller when returning it and they still gave me a full warranty repair with no questions about the controller.

Reactions: Dazzauk
If you need to send it in for warranty work, you don't need to send the controller in also. I needed warranty work done about a year ago now and my controller was modded. I didn't include the controller when returning it and they still gave me a full warranty repair with no questions about the controller.

Thanks for letting me know that dude :)
did yours go to the netherlands for work?

Thanks for letting me know that dude :)
did yours go to the netherlands for work?

No, I'm located in east coast United States so mine went to the service center DJI has here.

Reactions: Dazzauk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4