Gimbal cannot keep camera upright

Reaction score
After a recent argument between my P2V+ and a wall, I was having some issues with the gimbal, Turns out that the impact had bent the gimbal arm slightly, causing the camera body to catch on the ribbon cable.

I've since stripped the gimbal and straightened the arm, then fitted a new ribbon cable. When I powered up the first time, the gimbal seemed to work as expected (although no video feed to the tablet). 10 minutes later, powered back on and now the gimbal seems to be struggling to keep the camera upright. The motors power up and the camera levels, the motors then appear to be "buzzing" for a second and the camera drops down. The motors pick it back up but then the buzzing starts and the camera drops again.

If I use the tilt wheel, I can angle the camera but the same thing happens, the motors will take the camer to its position, buzz and then drop the camera again. It's not a violent banging around type of affair that you see on youtube, it's a very subtle buzzing, before the camera drops.

Hope that makes sense and that someone has an idea.

The only sure bet is DJI. They ship pretty fast. about $45. go to the DJI store
Fstop on ebay has a cable that I have had some success with. No other cable works. The $9 cables never work.

The only sure bet is DJI. They ship pretty fast. about $45. go to the DJI store
Fstop on ebay has a cable that I have had some success with. No other cable works. The $9 cables never work.

Can't see the ribbon for the P2V+ on the DJI store?

OK u are right.they don't support anything past P3. You need to contact a guy named "hunch" on here.
this is his web page
UAV Repair Shop - New Brighton, MN

his web page show the cable. He will do it for u for about $130 including the cable

His shop says out of stock for the ribbon, also I am in the UK so looking for something closer to home if possible but thanks for your suggestions anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl