Gimbal/camera sometimes jerking to the side during flights

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been having an occasional problem with the gimbal/camera jerking to the side whilst flying my P3s.
I've done both IMU and gimbal calibrations but it has still happened after doing those.
Some people report this issue when using ND filters and other attachments but I had nothing attached to the camera.
Below is a short video showing the problem;

Others with gimbal problems have been advised to tighten a specific 1.5mm hex screw on the gimbal that can become loose but I've checked mine and it's secure.

I've also had another occasional issue where the gimbal doesn't perform its "dance" when powering on the drone.
The DJI go app shows 2 errors - Gimbal Tilt Error & Gimbal Roll Error and advises me to contact customer services for repairs.
However, if I poke the camera gently then the gimbal does it's "dance" and both errors disappear.
It seems like something gets slightly stuck but I can't tell what.
I cannot be sure if these 2 issues are related but they both started happening around the same time.
I'm just a bit worried that these problems might become more persistent as time goes by.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

I have had some twitching issues, posted them in the past nothing like that.

It appears the camera is going to its horizontal limit?

I think it would be a intermitting cable issue, same as on startup.

Just a thought when it doesn't work on startup, does it do nothing?

The thought is wouldn't you think it would still do its up and down maneuvers, and not the horizontal ones.

Rod

I have had some twitching issues, posted them in the past nothing like that.

It appears the camera is going to its horizontal limit?

I think it would be a intermitting cable issue, same as on startup.

Just a thought when it doesn't work on startup, does it do nothing?

The thought is wouldn't you think it would still do its up and down maneuvers, and not the horizontal ones.

Rod
Someone else has also suggested it could be a cable issue, maybe it's not fully connected so I will check this out soon.
When it doesn't start up, the camera/gimbal just remains in its starting position.
I have noticed a red light just above the gimbal which only turns green after I've poked the camera to initiate the gimbal "dance"

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj