Gimbal Calibration ?? Where is it now ? 3.1.3 Go seems to have lost it

Reaction score
Gimbal Calibration used to be under the CAMERA icon menu in the main menu listing... but now since updating to 3.1.3 Go on Android - I cannot find it anymore .............

Anyone care to shed light on this strange change ??

Nigel

You can calibrate the gimbal from the "Gimbal Settings" section of DJI GO.

Strange ... I had 3.1.3 (android) jumping from Phantom 3 Standard to Mavic Pro on the Connect front page .. when I got steady and connected ... all I could get was Reset Factory for the Gimbal ...

I restarted Go 3x and then finally got the steady Connect page again ... and Gimbal Auto Calibrate.

Very strange ...

Reason I want to calibrate - just had strange flight ... first at reasonably close it decided to do a fly-away after flying properly for reasonable period ... I resisted Panic !! and got her back ... carried on flying ... yep - I'm like that when its safe and away from others ... and when I decided to fly back to area where I took-off from ... I noticed the camera was pointed about 10 deg left ... When I landed - it clicked back to centre ...

To be honest I only use Go now for calibrating and actions that Litchi doesn't do or is not so good at ... Go being Forced Stop usually.

First time I've had such .... FW 1.8.10 ....

Cheers
Nigel

Strange ... I had 3.1.3 (android) jumping from Phantom 3 Standard to Mavic Pro on the Connect front page .. when I got steady and connected ... all I could get was Reset Factory for the Gimbal ...

I restarted Go 3x and then finally got the steady Connect page again ... and Gimbal Auto Calibrate.

Very strange ...

Reason I want to calibrate - just had strange flight ... first at reasonably close it decided to do a fly-away after flying properly for reasonable period ... I resisted Panic !! and got her back ... carried on flying ... yep - I'm like that when its safe and away from others ... and when I decided to fly back to area where I took-off from ... I noticed the camera was pointed about 10 deg left ... When I landed - it clicked back to centre ...

To be honest I only use Go now for calibrating and actions that Litchi doesn't do or is not so good at ... Go being Forced Stop usually.

First time I've had such .... FW 1.8.10 ....

Cheers
Nigel
In your gimbal settings if your syncronous follow is on the gimbal will move side to side a bit as you move your left stick to turn, the gimbal leads the turn, I have mine off and it seem to give me better results, my exp setting is at 0.30 (P4)

This was a steady left bias - not a Follow on to Yaw ...

I am processing video now and for last part of flight - you see the left landing leg in frame.

It was due to moisture getting into the gimbal ... DJI manual actually mentions it ...

All dried out now and all fine.

I'm one of those guys who flies literally in any conditions except gales / storms etc. Been doing it for more years than I care to recall !!

Nigel

Here's the tablet recording .... and you will see the app never loses connection - but she did a fly-away - I got her under control (that's when I spin her round a few times over the building site) then later the camera offsets to left ... you see the U/C leg ...

The lens gets a fair share of snow flakes on it !!

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl