Gimbal Calibration accidentally with stabilizer on

Reaction score
I accidentally started gimbal calibration with the gimbal stabilizer still on, so it couldn't move at all. Apart from the gimbal not being level for that flight, would this have caused long term damage?

Thanks

probably not... did you do a second calibration with the stabilizer removed?

Ugh, haven't done that [emoji16] If it works now and will calibrate? Then it is probably okay. If you put the stabilizer on you may want to attach a tag to it so you don't forget it's on there.

I've done this. Powered up, noticed the camera wasn't dancing, soiled myself then quickly powered down. I've had 6 or 7 full flights since then. Not a single issue to report....so I think you're good. (That said, I'm sure doing this 20 times would probably not be a good thing.)

I do a gimbal calibration every new battery flight. It's quick...and it makes me feel better.

I have done this accidentally and flown with it on (since it is basically translucent) and it didn't hurt it at all. I would not recommend doing it on purpose, but for me it didn't cause an issue.

I left mine on the P2 when doing a firmware upgrade. No damage and alot of other guys have brain farted on that with same results.

The P3 has the tag now, but after the scare of the P2 I don't think I'll need it.

Twice I've scratched my head over the Disconnected app message, only to realize I had forgotten to turn on the remote.

Homer-Simpson-wingnuts-doh.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic