Gimbal and Camera divorced because of a tree

Reaction score
Hello everyone

The day I found my drone upside down on the ground, with all propellers scratching the mud, after it hit a tree; let's say the camera wasn't where it's supposed to be.
Please refer to my pictures and I hope someone can help me with the following:

Dropbox - Drone (pictures)

1- I read over some threads that this could be fixed over buying a new Yaw Arm and Gimbal Cable. Correct me if I'm wrong. And please do share a link to get the best quality for these items

2- When I tried to turn off the drone after the accident, the battery would react but the drone would keep on boosting its propellers. At the end I had to remove the battery by force. And now when I turn on the drone for a quick check up before sending it anywhere, everything is alright except that the battery always blinks red before turning off the drone (as you can see in the picture). Is it an error sign to 'camera is missing' ?

3- Weeks before the accident I had a problem with one of the batteries over a Critically Low Voltage situation. The thing is I didn't mark the battery that had this problem so now I am using it again. Is there a high probability to encounter this problem again? Or is it pure luck? Thank you

I feel your pain. I was angry with myself for days. I was able to purchase a 3D printer arm and new flat cable on line. There are lots of videos showing how to disassemble and reassemble the camera for the repair. Be very careful with screw placement as they are all a little bit different. Not too hard to accomplish. Mine is back flying as good as ever. Also, have a feal good look over the unit for any other damage or cracks. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.