Getting your license

I am needing to get my FAA 107 license. Can I please get input on what you did and what you would suggest.
I don't have mine yet but "Remote Pilot 101" is a great course to learn all the stuff you need to know to pass the test!

Reactions: MTO
if you want a free resource to help you with studying and to let you know what you're in for without having to pay any money you can check out Tony Northrup part 107 study guide on YouTube.

I can second the Remote Pilot 101 recommendation. I believe the online video course is now $140 for lifetime updates and reviewing for future renewal exams. However, a friend of mine is using this free YouTube video lecture to study for his Part 107 exam. He hasn't taken the test yet, and I haven't watched the video myself to be able to say if it covers all/most of the exam material. But you can take a look at it if curious.

Actually, Weston Ney beat me to it. Looks like it might be the same course.

2019 Remote Pilot Test Prep. It's a book published by Aviation Supplies & Academics. Test prep study guide, resource materials and access to on-line sample tests. Plenty of videos on YouTube. The Tony Northrup video is popular but hard to get through at an hour and forty-five minutes. But he explains everything in simple language.

I am needing to get my FAA 107 license. Can I please get input on what you did and what you would suggest.
You can find a list of commonly used free and paid FAA Part 107 study resources here.

2019 Remote Pilot Test Prep. It's a book published by Aviation Supplies & Academics. Test prep study guide, resource materials and access to on-line sample tests. Plenty of videos on YouTube. The Tony Northrup video is popular but hard to get through at an hour and forty-five minutes. But he explains everything in simple language.

This is the same source I'm using right now. Highly recommend spending the money to get this resource. $11 USD isn't that bad for what you get.

?

Like others said there are many resources available.
I bought a book off amazon for $20 and it passed both my initial exam and now my 2 year recurent exam.
Study and you have a better chance for passing.
Good luck.

This is what I did, bought this on Amazon, comes with link for 5 practice tests. I passed my 107 no problem.
DCD50AEE-1C1A-4A7B-9D68-6DD58B4A1B3F.jpeg

if you want a free resource to help you with studying and to let you know what you're in for without having to pay any money you can check out Tony Northrup part 107 study guide on YouTube.
+1 fpr Tony Northrup. I'm working on it now. I was working with the one on Lynda.com, but this one is MUCH better and free:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: horserae
Forget the sales pitches. Try Gold Seal UAVGroundSchool for free and see how you like it.
Gold Seal was the first company to have a Part 107 training program online.
"You Pass or We Pay"

www.UAVGroundSchool.com

Forget the sales pitches. Try Gold Seal UAVGroundSchool for free and see how you like it.
Gold Seal was the first company to have a Part 107 training program online.
"You Pass or We Pay"

www.UAVGroundSchool.com
Cool, I'll give that a try. I personally listen to Tony Northrup's video often when I'm at work since it helps to drill facts into my head, but I'm looking for a course. I'll have to give yours a try! Is it video based?

Cool, I'll give that a try. I personally listen to Tony Northrup's video often when I'm at work since it helps to drill facts into my head, but I'm looking for a course. I'll have to give yours a try! Is it video based?

Yes. Just sign up and take the first three lessons with our compliments. I'm pretty sure you'll see the difference. We've been in online aviation training business since 2006.

Gold Seal is what we use and suggest to all of our students and departments. There is a LOT to be said for "Learning the subject matter" rather than "Learning to pass the test".

We still use Gold Seal when searching for answers and trying to stay up-to-date.

My recommendation is that if you have no prior aviation experience get on of the recommended online courses. Yes, you can find all you'll need to know for free in various online resources but a complete course will have sorted through to the must know stuff and provide detail explanations and visual aids to help in understanding what is being taught.

Reactions: MTO and BigAl07
I guess some people learn differently than others, but all the info is on the FAA site for free if you want to delve into it. I bought the AMAZON book because it came with the airmen knowledge supplement, the exact one I used for the 107 test. Before that I perused some YouTube videos... it’s pretty straight forward stuff, although they do ask some tricky worded questions on the actual test, just take your time and think through it...

Gold Seal, Like BigAl says "There is a LOT to be said for "Learning the subject matter" rather than "Learning to pass the test".

Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic