Getting into Drones with Agriculture

Reaction score
I'm looking for information on what I need to get a side business going to use a drone to help out our local sugar beet farmers and possible Coors with the barely. I have a masters in GIS and am going to be getting a remote sensing graduate certificate soon. I just bought a phantom 4 v2.0 this summer and I also fly a 3DR with a Richo II camera at work. Im a total geek when it comes to NDVI and love working with the data on the computer but I dont have much experience outside of school with it. Id love to hear from people on what farmers are looking for most to help them out. Also I've read almost everything available on Dronedeploys website are they worth spending money on? I'd love to make some connections with people in the industry to get advice from and work with!

Reactions: Steve Singer
following. I wanted to ask the same question, I'm a newbie on this side but a surveyor. I need too info about how to get into agricolture and forestal surveying with drones. Thank you for all useful starting points.

Welcome to BOTH of you.

Unfortunately you're asking questions on our forum that is mostly "hobby" related. We have a Commercial Pilots forum where you "might" get more specific answers but often times this type of endeavor is a Self Teach and a Learn As You Go process. This is such a new market/field for sUAS that the # of people who are doing it is still very small and many who are aren't online explaining their processes.

Reactions: octavezero
Thank you for your reply! The difficult point of a self tech process in this field is the lack of a "starting point" :grimacing:

Reactions: BigAl07
A new intelligent and precision drone sprayer for agriculture, and looking for distributor.

New Updating on 10 Liters capacity Drone Sprayer, It will be ready to delivery.

Function:

1. Foldable frame, easy to transport
2. Intelligent flight with autopilot
3. Intelligent flight memory, record break-point
4. Adjustable spray flow rate
5. Adjustable altitude and fly speed
6. Fail-safe, auto fly when out of control
7. Low voltage warning and auto return to base
8. Empty tank warning and auto return to base
9. Terrain following with MMW radar
10. Software(ground station and manage platform)
11 obstacle avoidance
12. Multi-way charger
13. 14000mah battery

750750.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers