Getting cold feet about my upcoming purchase.

I asked my allstate agent if the drone was covered under my home owners policy and she said NO.
if it was there would be a 1000 deductible.

I asked my allstate agent if the drone was covered under my home owners policy and she said NO.
"YOU'RE IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE" Really? Sounds like their hands are in your pockets. :p

upload_2017-11-1_12-55-31.png

Last edited:
Dirby you can still get State Farm Insurance for your drone you don't have to have it for anything else and there is no deductible mine was 41.00 a year.

I am a newbie just like you I just got mine about a month ago I only have about 4000m of flying time the best thing to do just for a little pice of mind is get some Insurance go to State Farm mine is 41.00 a year if anything happens it's covered. I'm not saying go out and crash it but if it happens you go get another. I love my P4p and wouldn't give it up for nothing. Don't tell my wife but I'm looking for another one. Not a P4p but something in the cheaper DJI.

If anything happens, it isn't always covered. Insurance only covers Named Perils. It won't protect you from your own stupidy. Have you ever tried to collect on an insurance claim - not so much fun.

Last edited:
I did have the gimbal go bad on my P4P+ and was repaired by DJI which took a couple of weeks. This is not a simple product, like a wheel barrel. There are still things that I don't understand but I haven't had any in air incidents, but I am cautious. I live in the super boonies so I don't have some of the issues that city folks have. I am extremely happy with my decision, and choice of drone.

Reactions: K4GAP
I received 4 P4P's before I got a good one. I will have to say the vendor treated me right. No questions asked. Way better than what DJI offered, which was to send it back and they would send out another one, which will be a refurbished one. However, having owned a Yuneec , which was problem free before, the P4P is a much, much superior quad in all aspects. Would I buy another one, you bet !! My only advice would be to make sure you get a good one in the beginning and be cautious about the updates. Stay on the forum and ask questions.

Reactions: K4GAP and GadgetGuy
I am a new drone owner...and purchased the Mavic...loved it...and watched tons of you tube videos...very helpful...51 drones, Timothy Sunday, Ready, Set, Drone, Ken Heron...all very good ...and within 30 days purchased a phantom 4 Pro...in addition to my mavic....never had so much fun in my life. You just have to be careful and follow all the rules...and you can have fun too!

Reactions: K4GAP
do you have the State Farm Ins.?
I do for my vehicles but not for Home Owners. In any event, I have $1,000 deductible, so I wouldn't be filing a claim for damage to my drone. If I caused some damage and had a liability claim against me, that would be another matter. I hadn't thought to consider liability claims, so I wonder what my coverage is.

I do for my vehicles but not for Home Owners. In any event, I have $1,000 deductible, so I wouldn't be filing a claim for damage to my drone. If I caused some damage and had a liability claim against me, that would be another matter. I hadn't thought to consider liability claims, so I wonder what my coverage is.
It's unlikely Farmers will cover drone liability. Most liability insurance for drones is handled by insurance companies that specialize in drone and aircraft, and those companies typically require you to have Part 107 certification for drones, or a pilot license for aircraft insurance.

Ask for personal loss coverage through Farmers, it's good that you have an agent that sells you Farmers insurance. Just talk to your agent and ask for a personal policy to cover your ipad and drone. As what else can be added, like cellphones and laptops, as I think you can have multiple "personal" items listed in the policy for the same price.. These policies are usually $60/yr or less.

I've heard that if you aren't doing business with a farmers agents, "some Farmers agents" won't bother to sell you a $60 policy, because the agent doesn't make that much profit from the work it takes to write up the policy. Or, sometimes they'll say "we don't offer it" because they haven't heard of drone coverage and they're to lazy to look it up. Since you're doing business with a Farmers agent already they'll be more eager to sell you another policy to keep you coming back.

Last edited:
I have insurance through Allstate. It is a rider on my home policy. The cost is 37.00 per year and no deductible. They claim they will replace if crashed or lost.

I have had plans for several months to purchase a Drone. After looking at specs and abilities of such I have narrowed my selection down to the P4P. But, after watching multiple videos and going through many user comments I'm starting to wonder if getting a Drone is such a good idea.

Are there known, documented problems I can expect to have? If I do everything right according to set procedure am I likely to have much trouble?

I do enjoy my drone but there’s no way in dog **** heaven I will ever give another penny to DJI in my lifetime. I would buy them a bottle of 151 alcohol and a wick in it and drop it off to their customer service team.

Reactions: WWI Flying Ace
I have had plans for several months to purchase a Drone. After looking at specs and abilities of such I have narrowed my selection down to the P4P. But, after watching multiple videos and going through many user comments I'm starting to wonder if getting a Drone is such a good idea.

Are there known, documented problems I can expect to have? If I do everything right according to set procedure am I likely to have much trouble?
You won't have any issues... Only pain is keeping software up to date on all dji products and staying diligent where you can fly.
Personally do long range precise automated flights with Litchi more than FPV in DJI GO... Not a single issue!

Reactions: K4GAP and Danoldo

Anyone can have problems. If you have fun you take a risk. A P4P is easier to avoid problems with since it has obstacle avoidance but it is a mistake to depend on it. I saw someone with a brand new Uneec Quad with obstacle avoidance and he ran into a tree and broke his camera off after bragging that it would prevent a crash. I warned him but he chose not to listen. Sometimes it won't detect small branches.

Reactions: bad karma
If you do everything right you are unlikely to have problems.
As with most things, people complain when things go wrong, but rarely sing when things are good.
So, this is me singing - The P4P is awesome!

By the way, you'll have less issues using a new(er) iPad - iPad Air 2 and up, than an Android device. That's not to say Android devices are a problem, just the software is more stable on IOS.
Hey bud, the biggest problem you gonna encounter is how addictive (pun intended) “getting high is” just research as much as you can , and then some and familiarize yourself with functions and capabilities, youtube and drone groups has a wealth of knowledge as well as douche bags, spread your wings and fly young fledgling!!!!

Your drone will be fine, its mostly pilot mistakes that crash them. Find a reputable drone school or instructor and learn how to set up and fly your drone from them. Drones are not toys anymore and if you break an FAA regulation you could face stiff fines and jail. If you crash into a person or object you could face law suits.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik