Get rid of the USB ribbon cable!

I bought the rear port conversion from ebay, directly replaced the usb ribbon & works straight away with my 3 & 3+

p fandango said:
I bought the rear port conversion from ebay, directly replaced the usb ribbon & works straight away with my 3 & 3+
yea it works fine with the hero3 family. just not the hero4. yet (hopefully)

mcopete said:
Cover moved to back:

I did my install and everything went smoothly until I went to move the cover to the back. The extended screws that my connector came with don't seem to thread into anything but the cover, so the cover isn't really holding onto anything and just falls off.

How did you guys solve this or am I missing something?

Also, mine came with 3 screws. Is 1 just extra or did I forget something?

Actually, it doesn't appear that you have the screws holding the cover to the back either.

file.php

That or the pic is just so small that I'm not seeing the screws. If you're not using the screws, did you just use double sided tape?

Brain fart. Figured it out. Thread the screws in from the other side. Doh!!

Identical to Pete's mod above, I just installed the conversion and got ribbon cable installed despite no instructions on how to dis-ingage the ribbon cable from the socket.(Black tab at rear of socket has to be raised upward) The circuit board containing the gopro male connector had to have the corners filed off in a rounded manner to fit (used Dremel). Other than, the installation works like the old 2D gimbal, perfect! One of most practical mods for the P2, as well as the pot mod for yaw control.

4 compatible? Nice!

I will prove it if there will be what to prove !!
I ordered 2 of this + one that was mention here erlier in the forum.
just to be sure !

I had it on DHL shipping so I guess I will have it in 10 days.
can't wait.
be sure I will keep you guys update

Mako79 said:
dptcalvin said:
4 compatible? Nice!

Someone prove this...

Do NOT believe this mod is Hero 4 compatible at present. Several folks on here have tried, and I personally had the mod in place (working fine on Hero 3) and when I went to Hero 4 I stopped getting FPV video. The only solution was to go back to the "normal" USB connector.

A couple months ago someone on here said they had been working with GoPro and it was indeed a "hero 4 outputting video to the rear port" issue. Yes, it works on the official LCD backpacks and such but for some reason not with Zenmuse gimbal.
My point being, it's not a fault with the gimbal or Phantom or any of the FPV equipment so there's no magic bullet / physical hack or mod you can do to make it work.

The previous data was fact, this is speculation: I personally think they either changed their pinout in a way that doesn't affect backpacks, or implemented some sort of hardware check (via rear port) that the Zenmuse obviously doesn't respond to. I feel like there's a trend lately amongst hardware manufacturers to do little hardware checks so only "official" equipment works or whatever.

everything is here.
I am going to test it now.
will let you know soon if gopro4 black can be connected with the rear connector
to h3 3d
wish me good luck buy lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419769981331.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419769981331.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 377
Not working not working !,
The two connector from goodluckbuy do not work gopro 4 black on h3 3d !
Even if one of them is bekng sale under the label gopro4 compitable in noluckbuy !
I am so pist off.
Why saying its compitable when its clearly not !
I went back to my ribon stupid cable
Dont buy this !

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419775366659.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419775366659.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 466
thanks for trying, i hope your going to complain & get a refund. I don't like the ribbon so sticking with my 3+ for now

p fandango said:
thanks for trying, i hope your going to complain & get a refund. I don't like the ribbon so sticking with my 3+ for now
My english is bad can you tell me what to write to goodluckbuy ?

koop said:
Not working not working !,
The two connector from goodluckbuy do not work gopro 4 black on h3 3d !
Even if one of them is bekng sale under the label gopro4 compitable in noluckbuy !
I am so pist off.
Why saying its compitable when its clearly not !
I went back to my ribon stupid cable
Dont buy this !

I need 1 of these for my h3-3d and 3+ so if you don't send it back let me know

koop said:
Just say:
"Dear Mook,
I purchased this item titled DJI Phantom 3-Axis Gimbal H3-3D Back-insert AV Output Adapter Gopro4 Compatible. After extensive testing with a GoPro Hero 4 Black, I have found this interface cable does not output any video from the GoPro Camera to the Video Transmitter.
Please send me a refund as soon as possible you Gong Fei.

Respectfully,
koop"

If you would like to add additional flattering salutations please consult the list found here: http://www.rsdb.org/race/chinese :lol:

ATC Drone Flyer said:
koop said:
Just say:
"Dear Mook,
I purchased this item titled DJI Phantom 3-Axis Gimbal H3-3D Back-insert AV Output Adapter Gopro4 Compatible. After extensive testing with a GoPro Hero 4 Black, I have found this interface cable does not output any video from the GoPro Camera to the Video Transmitter.
Please send me a refund as soon as possible you Gong Fei.

Respectfully,
koop"

If you would like to add additional flattering salutations please consult the list found here: http://www.rsdb.org/race/chinese :lol:
Lol OMG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z