Get rid of the USB ribbon cable!

If anyone's gotten a GP4 working with the connector, not the ribbon.

Fyod said:
If anyone's gotten a GP4 working with the connector, not the ribbon.
My 4 Silver works fine.

No FPV though, right?

Yes, FPV.....

All I get is a black screen with OSD using the Hero 4 Black.
I have one of the aftermarket connectors.

To be fair, I said it works with the 4 Silver. Nothing has been said about the 4 Black working with the bus connector. I don't believe the 4 Black puts video out through the bus connector at all.

Fyod said:
All I get is a black screen with OSD using the Hero 4 Black.
I have one of the aftermarket connectors.

aftermarket connectors meaning the rear 30-pin port? that's a known issue, heavily discussed around this forum and even in this thread.

Hero 4 Black will only output video via the USB port to a Zenmuse gimbal, it will not output video via the rear port.

I've read through, was just wondering if there's any news on this topic. I hate the ribbon.
I read somewhere that to make it work you need to connect an LCD backpack to the H4B, thus "activating" the backpack feature.
Not sure how true that is, and don't know where I could borrow one.

interesting, I hadn't heard that but I'll try next time I find a backpack to borrow

Very interesting !!
I brock my gimbal so i cant test this !
Can any body confirm thus ?
Just go to a dwaler and ask to see how does it look on your cammera !

[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

I was thinking the same thing. Or ordering it online and returning it the next day.

I really don't see any of the Zenmuse gimbals handling the added weight of the bacpac...

Of course not. What I mean is borrowing an LCD backpack and connecting it once.
I did some digging and found the thread. Unfortunately its just some guy with no other info and noone confirmed what he said.

All you need to do to get live you working on either gimbal is connect the original go pro LCD to the back in order to activate the back connector. Once that's done live you will work on either gimbal. Sorry if this has been said already

Edit: my lightbulb went off, by "live you" he means "live view"

http://multirotorforums.com/threads/gop ... ost-191912

Upon further study, it may just be a matter of doing a firmware hack and enabling the feature.
DJI may know this but they (and no corporation in their right mind) could share firmware hacks with their customers.
Its just that the gimbal can't execute the command or GoPro made the command proprietary and/or licensed and DJI don't want to buy it.

Going to test some stuff tomorrow.

if you can make it work, around here you'd be considered a...

Hero
*sunglasses*

The hacks don't work because ver. 2.0.2 blocks them.
Anyone have a 4 Black still on 1.6 (I think it was)?
The only other option would be to try the LCD.

Sorry to intrude upon the thread but I'm looking for the manufacture of the black right angle GoPro connector. It appears to have two markings but I'm not able to make either one out. If you've got one of these cables could you take a closer look for me and report back. Picture with arrows pointing to both markings is attached. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• sku_110217_2_thisone_warrows.jpg
    sku_110217_2_thisone_warrows.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 437
Anyone get the hero 4 working with the 30 pin yet? Lcd bacpac trick work?

Well intrepid as ever and always looking to improve things I bought the good luck buy part and modded my Zenmuse H3-3D using the original blanking plate to anchor the new hero bus to the gimbal but fitting it to the back. The Hero 3 black works perfectly so being the owner of a Hero 4 black I decided to take one for the team and bought a lcd backpac then I established it works on both the Hero 3 and Hero 4. So after using it with the LCD backpac I fitted it to the Modded H3-3D gimbal powered up the phantom and them powered up the Hero 4 and hey presto I had full FPV video

Sadly after about a minute of FPV video the live feed shut off. I'm not sure why and will keep fiddling but at least the feed does work albeit briefly

If anyone has progressed beyond this and got the video feed to keep working the please let me know :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor